Coober Pedy Forecast

No warnings for South Australia

Forecast issued at 5:40 am CDT on Sunday 22 January 2017.

Forecast for the rest of Sunday

Summary
Max 40
Shower or two. Possible storm.
Chance of any rain: 50%

North West Pastoral area

Humid. Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers west of Coober Pedy, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm, more likely in the west during the afternoon. Winds northwest to northeasterly 15 to 25 km/h tending west to northwesterly 15 to 20 km/h in the late afternoon then becoming light in the evening. Daytime maximum temperatures 34 to 40.

Fire Danger - Low-Moderate

Sun protection recommended from 9:30 am to 6:10 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 18 [Extreme]

7 day Town Forecasts

Precis Icon Location Min Max
Shower or two. Possible storm. Coober Pedy 40
Partly cloudy. Roxby Downs 38
Partly cloudy. Woomera 37
Humid. Possible storm. Pukatja/Ernabella 34
Humid. Possible storm. Marla 39
Humid. Possible storm. Oak Valley 34
Shower or two. Possible storm. Tarcoola 39

Monday 23 January

Summary
Min 29
Max 40
Storms.
Possible rainfall: 6 to 20 mm
Chance of any rain: 80%

North West Pastoral area

Very hot and humid. Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers, most likely from the late morning. A thunderstorm likely. Winds northwest to northeasterly 15 to 20 km/h tending northwest to southwesterly 15 to 25 km/h in the morning then tending south to southwesterly 20 to 30 km/h in the early afternoon. Overnight temperatures falling to 23 to 28 with daytime temperatures reaching 32 to 41.

Sun protection recommended from 9:30 am to 6:10 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 17 [Extreme]

Tuesday 24 January

Summary
Min 22
Max 33
Shower or two. Possible storm.
Possible rainfall: 1 to 6 mm
Chance of any rain: 70%

North West Pastoral area

Humid. Cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers north of Coober Pedy, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm. Winds south to southeasterly 20 to 30 km/h. Overnight temperatures falling to between 16 and 23 with daytime temperatures reaching 26 to 33.

Sun protection recommended from 9:30 am to 6:10 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 17 [Extreme]

Wednesday 25 January

Summary
Min 21
Max 31
Shower or two.
Possible rainfall: 0 to 4 mm
Chance of any rain: 60%

North West Pastoral area

Humid. Partly cloudy. Medium (60%) chance of showers east of Stuart Highway, slight (20%) chance elsewhere. Winds south to southeasterly 20 to 30 km/h. Overnight temperatures falling to between 14 and 22 with daytime temperatures reaching 28 to 33.

Sun protection recommended from 9:40 am to 6:00 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 16 [Extreme]

Thursday 26 January

Summary
Min 22
Max 35
Partly cloudy.
Possible rainfall: 0 mm
Chance of any rain: 20%

Friday 27 January

Summary
Min 25
Max 39
Mostly sunny.
Possible rainfall: 0 mm
Chance of any rain: 5%

Saturday 28 January

Summary
Min 25
Max 41
Very hot and mostly sunny.
Possible rainfall: 0 mm
Chance of any rain: 5%

The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:25 pm CDT Sunday.

Product derived from IDS10044 and IDS11053