Flinders District Forecast

No warnings for South Australia

Forecast issued at 5:40 am CST on Tuesday 27 June 2017.

Weather Situation

An upper level disturbance will move slowly east over the State during the week, producing areas of rain in the north, which will contract to the northeast during Wednesday and clear on Thursday morning. Further south, a high pressure system west of Perth extends a ridge over the State to another high over the southeast of the continent. A cold front will pass over the south of the State on Wednesday, then the high west of Perth will move eastwards to the Bight later in the week.

Forecast for the rest of Tuesday

Cloudy. High (80%) chance of rain in the far north, less likely further south, grading to just a 20% chance of rain in the far south. Light winds. Daytime maximum temperatures between 11 and 16.

Sun protection not recommended, UV Index predicted to reach 2 [Low]

7 day Town Forecasts

Precis Icon Location Min Max
Rain at times. Hawker 15
Possible morning rain. Port Augusta 16
Possible morning rain. Orroroo 12

Wednesday 28 June

Partly cloudy. Patches of morning frost in the south. Slight (30%) chance of rain north of Hawker in the morning. Light winds becoming south to southwesterly 15 to 20 km/h in the evening then becoming light in the late evening. Overnight temperatures falling to between 2 and 7 with daytime temperatures reaching between 13 and 17.

Thursday 29 June

Partly cloudy. Patches of morning frost. Light winds becoming southerly 15 to 25 km/h during the morning then becoming light during the evening. Overnight temperatures falling to between 1 and 5 with daytime temperatures reaching between 13 and 17.

Friday 30 June

Mostly sunny. Patches of morning frost. Light winds becoming east to northeasterly 15 to 20 km/h during the evening. Overnight temperatures falling to between minus 1 and 3 above zero with daytime temperatures reaching between 12 and 17.

The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:25 pm CST Tuesday.

Product IDS11049