Leigh Creek Forecast

View the current warnings for South Australia

Forecast issued at 4:25 pm CST on Sunday 28 August 2016.

Forecast for the rest of Sunday

Summary
Partly cloudy.
Chance of any rain: 10%

North East Pastoral area

Partly cloudy. Winds northeasterly 20 to 30 km/h.

Sun protection recommended from 9:40 am to 3:10 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 6 [High]

Monday 29 August

Summary
Min 11
Max 19
Rain.
Possible rainfall: 8 to 20 mm
Chance of any rain: 90%

North East Pastoral area

Cloudy. High (70%) chance of rain west of Leigh Creek, medium (40%) chance elsewhere. Winds north to northeasterly 20 to 30 km/h. Overnight temperatures falling to between 9 and 15 with daytime temperatures reaching between 18 and 27.

Sun protection recommended from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 6 [High]

7 day Town Forecasts

Precis Icon Location Min Max
Rain. Leigh Creek 11 19
Rain. Possible heavy falls. Marree 12 20
Partly cloudy. Moomba 11 26
Rain. Possible heavy falls. Oodnadatta 15 20
Rain increasing. Yunta 9 18

Tuesday 30 August

Summary
Min 12
Max 20
Rain.
Possible rainfall: 4 to 15 mm
Chance of any rain: 80%

North East Pastoral area

Cloudy. High (70%) chance of rain, most likely in the morning and afternoon. The chance of a thunderstorm south of Leigh Creek in the afternoon and evening. Winds northerly 25 to 35 km/h tending northwesterly in the early afternoon then becoming light in the late evening. Overnight temperatures falling to between 10 and 16 with daytime temperatures reaching between 19 and 24.

Sun protection recommended from 9:50 am to 3:00 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 6 [High]

Wednesday 31 August

Summary
Min 7
Max 22
Mostly sunny.
Possible rainfall: 0 mm
Chance of any rain: 5%

North East Pastoral area

Mostly sunny. Slight (30%) chance of rain in the far northeast, most likely in the morning. Light winds. Overnight temperatures falling to between 6 and 12 with daytime temperatures reaching the low to mid 20s.

Sun protection recommended from 9:40 am to 3:10 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 7 [High]

Thursday 1 September

Summary
Min 7
Max 20
Becoming cloudy.
Possible rainfall: 0 mm
Chance of any rain: 20%

North East Pastoral area

Cloudy. High (70%) chance of rain north of Marree, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm in the far northwest in the afternoon. Light winds becoming southeasterly 15 to 20 km/h during the morning then tending southerly during the evening. Overnight temperatures falling to between 6 and 13 with daytime temperatures reaching between 19 and 22.

Friday 2 September

Summary
Min 8
Max 18
Partly cloudy.
Possible rainfall: 0 mm
Chance of any rain: 5%

Saturday 3 September

Summary
Min 5
Max 20
Mostly sunny.
Possible rainfall: 0 mm
Chance of any rain: 0%

Sunday 4 September

Summary
Min 8
Max 20
Partly cloudy.
Possible rainfall: 0 mm
Chance of any rain: 0%

The next routine forecast will be issued at 5:40 am CST Monday.

Product derived from IDS10044 and IDS11054