Forecast issued at 5:11 am CDT on Wednesday 22 October 2014.
A high pressure is centred over the Tasman Sea. A low pressure trough over the east of the State will move into the eastern states this afternoon or evening. A high will follow the trough, moving south of the Bight and reaching the Tasman Sea by Friday. Another low pressure trough will move over the State on Friday.
Forecast for Wednesday until midnight
- Northwest to northeasterly 15 to 20 knots ahead of a southwesterly change 10 to 15 knots developing early morning. Winds increasing to south to southwesterly 15 to 20 knots late morning, and further to 20 to 25 knots from mid afternoon, turning south to southeasterly during the evening.
- Around 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 2 metres during the morning.
- Southwesterly 1.5 metres, increasing to 1.5 to 2 metres during the morning.
- Partly cloudy. 30% chance of drizzle in the late afternoon and evening. The chance of a thunderstorm with little or no rainfall in the morning.
Thursday 23 October
- South to southeasterly 15 to 20 knots easing to southeast to easterly 10 to 15 knots late evening.
- 1 to 1.5 metres, decreasing to 1 metre around midday.
- Southwesterly 2 to 3 metres.
- Cloudy. 50% chance of drizzle in the morning.
Friday 24 October
- Variable about 10 knots becoming northwest to northeasterly 10 to 15 knots during the morning then tending south to southwesterly during the afternoon.
- Below 1 metre, increasing to around 1 metre during the afternoon or evening.
- Southwesterly 2 to 2.5 metres.
- Partly cloudy. 20% chance of a shower. The chance of a thunderstorm in the until evening.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 3:50 pm CDT Wednesday.