Forecast issued at 4:03 pm CST on Friday 4 September 2015.
A high pressure system near Kangaroo Island will move eastwards over the next few days to be over the Tasman Sea by Sunday morning. A front will move into the west of the State on Saturday and then over the remainder on Sunday. A new high will develop over the Bight later Monday and on Tuesday.
Forecast for Friday until midnight
- South to southwesterly about 10 knots.
- Below 1 metre.
- Southwesterly 1.5 to 2 metres.
- Partly cloudy.
Saturday 5 September
- Variable below 10 knots becoming east to northeasterly 10 to 15 knots late morning then tending north to northeasterly in the afternoon. Winds reaching 15 to 20 knots offshore in the late evening.
- Below 1 metre, increasing to around 1 metre around midday, then increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres later in the evening.
- Southwesterly 2 to 3 metres.
- Partly cloudy. 30% chance of a shower in the morning.
Sunday 6 September
- North to northeasterly 15 to 25 knots, increasing to 20 to 30 knots during the morning, then shifting northwest to westerly 25 to 33 knots in the late morning and west to southwesterly 20 to 30 knots during the evening.
- 1 to 2 metres, increasing to 2.5 to 3 metres during the morning.
- Southwesterly 1 to 2 metres, increasing to 2 to 4 metres during the afternoon.
- Cloudy. 90% chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon and evening. Possible small hail in the afternoon and evening.
Monday 7 September
- West to southwesterly 25 to 33 knots easing to 20 to 30 knots around sunrise.
- 2 to 3 metres.
- West to southwesterly 4 to 6 metres.
- Cloudy. 70% chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm in the morning. Possible small hail in the early morning.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 5:10 am CST Saturday.