Forecast issued at 3:50 pm CDT on Thursday 26 November 2015.
A high southwest of Perth extends a ridge of high pressure over the Bight. The high will move eastwards to be located south of the Bight by Friday night, and then over Victoria by Sunday night.
Forecast for Thursday until midnight
- West to southwesterly 15 to 20 knots, reaching 20 to 25 knots south of Port MacDonnell.
- 1 to 2 metres.
- Southwesterly 4 to 5 metres.
- Partly cloudy. 30% chance of a shower in the south.
Friday 27 November
- West to southwesterly 10 to 15 knots, reaching 15 to 20 knots south of Beachport in the morning. Winds decreasing to about 10 knots in the late evening.
- 1 to 2 metres decreasing below 1 metre by early evening.
- Southwesterly 2.5 to 4 metres.
- Cloudy. 40% chance of showers.
Saturday 28 November
- Westerly 10 to 15 knots tending southwesterly in the late afternoon.
- Around 1 metre.
- Southwesterly 2 to 3 metres.
- Cloudy. 30% chance of a shower.
Sunday 29 November
- South to southwesterly about 10 knots.
- Below 1 metre.
- Southwesterly 1.5 metres to 2 metres.
- Partly cloudy. 20% chance of a shower.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 5:10 am CDT Friday.