Forecast issued at 5:10 am CST on Saturday 4 July 2015.
A high pressure system centred over the eastern states is moving slowly eastwards and weakening. A weak front will move over the south on Monday, with an associated low pressure system to the south. A weak high pressure ridge will move over the State on Tuesday.
Forecast for Saturday until midnight
- West to northwesterly 15 to 20 knots.
- 1 to 1.5 metres.
- Southwesterly 2.5 to 3 metres.
- Partly cloudy. 60% chance of showers.
Sunday 5 July
Strong Wind Warning for Sunday for Lower South East Coast
- Northwesterly 15 to 25 knots, increasing to 20 to 30 knots in the evening.
- 1 to 1.5 metres, increasing to 1.5 to 2.5 metres in the afternoon.
- Southwesterly 3 to 4 metres.
- Partly cloudy. 50% chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm north of Port MacDonnell at night.
Monday 6 July
- North to northwesterly 20 to 30 knots turning west to southwesterly 20 to 25 knots during the morning.
- 1.5 to 2.5 metres.
- Southwesterly 3to 3.5 metres.
- Cloudy. 90% chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm in the morning.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 3:50 pm CST Saturday.