Forecast issued at 4:21 pm CST on Wednesday 29 July 2015.
A high over New South Wales is moving steadily eastwards. A cold front will move across the south of the State on Thursday reaching a line Adelaide to Naracoorte early evening, followed by fronts moving over southern coasts on Saturday morning and on Sunday.
Forecast for Wednesday until midnight
Strong Wind Warning for Wednesday for Lower South East Coast
- Northwesterly 20 to 25 knots, reaching 25 to 30 knots offshore south of Beachport.
- 2 to 3 metres.
- Southwesterly 3 to 4 metres.
- Partly cloudy. 30% chance of rain south of Port MacDonnell.
Thursday 30 July
Strong Wind Warning for Thursday for Lower South East Coast
- Northwesterly 20 to 30 knots shifting southwesterly 20 to 30 knots mid to late afternoon, becoming southwest to southerly 20 to 25 knots by evening, easing to 15 to 20 knots late evening.
- 2 to 3 metres, decreasing to 1 to 2 metres late evening.
- Southwesterly 2.5 to 3 metres, increasing to 3 to 4 metres south of Port MacDonnell.
- Cloudy. 80% chance of rain, easing to showers and clearing in the evening.
Friday 31 July
- Southwesterly 15 to 20 knots turning northwesterly early in the morning then increasing to 15 to 25 knots during the morning before increasing further to 20 to 30 knots in the early afternoon.
- 1 to 2 metres, increasing to 2 to 3 metres around midday.
- West to southwesterly 3 metres, increasing to 3 to 4 metres south of Beachport.
- Cloudy. 50% chance of showers.
Saturday 1 August
- Northwesterly 25 to 30 knots shifting southwesterly 20 to 30 knots in the morning then tending westerly 15 to 25 knots during the day.
- 2 to 3 metres, decreasing to 1 to 2 metres during the afternoon.
- Westerly 4 to 5 metres, tending southwesterly 4 to 6 metres during the morning.
- Cloudy. 50% chance of rain.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 5:10 am CST Thursday.