Forecast updated at 10:39 am CST on Friday 27 May 2016.
A low pressure system is expected to move over the Lower South East today and an associated cold front will extend over remaining coastal waters. A high pressure system will move over the State from the west on Saturday then move eastwards on Sunday as a trough moves over western coasts. This trough will move slowly eastwards during Monday and Tuesday.
Forecast for Friday until midnight
Strong Wind Warning for Friday for Lower South East Coast
- Northwest to northeasterly 15 to 20 knots becoming east to southeasterly 15 to 20 knots in the afternoon south of Port MacDonnell but west to southwesterly north of Port MacDonnell. Winds becoming easterly 20 to 30 knots throughout from late afternoon.
- 1 to 1.5 metres during the morning, then increasing to 1.5 to 2.5 metres by early evening.
- Southwesterly 3 to 4 metres decreasing to 2.5 to 3 metres in the evening.
- Cloudy. 95% chance of showers. Showers heavy at times with reduced visibility. The chance of a thunderstorm.
Saturday 28 May
Strong Wind Warning for Saturday for Lower South East Coast
- South to southeasterly 20 to 30 knots, easing to 20 to 25 knots by sunrise then easing to 15 to 20 knots late afternoon.
- 2 to 2.5 metres, decreasing to 1 to 1.5 metres during the afternoon.
- West to southwesterly 2.5 to 3 metres, increasing to 3 to 4 metres during the day.
- Partly cloudy. 30% chance of a shower in the early morning.
Sunday 29 May
- Southwesterly 10 to 15 knots shifting northeasterly during the morning.
- Around 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres offshore.
- Southwesterly 2 to 3 metres.
- Cloudy. 20% chance of a shower.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 3:50 pm CST Friday.