Forecast issued at 3:55 pm CST on Sunday 20 April 2014.
A high 1020 hPa over western New South Wales is moving eastwards. A cold front is expected to reach Nullarbor around midday Monday, a line Robe to Adelaide to Tarcoola late Monday evening and Port Augusta to Portland early Tuesday morning. Another high will develop over the Bight later on Tuesday.
Forecast for Sunday until midnight
- West to northwesterly 10 to 15 knots, reaching 15 to 20 knots south of Beachport in the evening. Winds tending north to northwesterly in the late evening.
- Around 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres inshore.
- Southwesterly 3 metres.
Monday 21 April
Strong Wind Warning for Monday for Lower South East Coast
- Northerly 15 to 20 knots, increasing to 20 to 30 knots during the morning. Winds easing to north to northwest 15 to 20 knots north of Port MacDonnell late afternoon and throughout in the evening Winds shifting southwesterly 10 to 15 knots throughout by late evening, reaching 15 to 20 knots offshore.
- 1 to 1.5 metres, increasing to 2 to 3 metres during the morning, then decreasing below 2 metres by early evening.
- Southwesterly 3 to 4 metres, decreasing to 3 metres later in the evening.
- The chance of thunderstorms south of Beachport in the morning and again in the evening.
Tuesday 22 April
- Southwesterly 15 to 20 knots turning west to northwesterly 10 to 15 knots in the afternoon.
- 1 to 1.5 metres, decreasing below 1 metre during the morning.
- Southwesterly 2.5 to 3 metres.
Wednesday 23 April
- Northwesterly 15 to 20 knots turning westerly during the afternoon.
- Around 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres during the morning.
- Southwesterly 2.5 metres.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 5:10 am CST Monday.