Forecast issued at 3:54 pm CST on Saturday 2 July 2016.
A high pressure system over the northeast of the State will move east to be centred over New South Wales by Sunday. A trough of low pressure will move over South Australian coastal waters on Monday, followed by a high pressure system developing to the south of the Bight early to mid in the week.
Forecast for Saturday until midnight
- West to northwesterly around 20 knots.
- 1.5 metres, increasing to 1.5 to 2.5 metres south of Port MacDonnell.
- Southwesterly 4 metres.
- Partly cloudy. 40% chance of showers.
Sunday 3 July
Strong Wind Warning for Sunday for Lower South East Coast
- West to northwesterly 20 to 25 knots, reaching 20 to 30 knots offshore to the south of Port MacDonnell for the afternoon period.
- 1.5 to 2.5 metres.
- Southwesterly 3 metres, increasing to 4 metres by early evening.
- Cloudy. 70% chance of showers.
Monday 4 July
- West to northwesterly 15 to 20 knots turning southerly 20 to 25 knots before dawn then tending southeasterly in the evening.
- 1.5 to 2 metres.
- Southwesterly 3 to 4 metres, decreasing to 3 metres later in the evening.
- Cloudy. 90% chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm. Possible small hail from the late morning.
Tuesday 5 July
- Southeasterly 20 to 25 knots increasing to 20 to 30 knots during the morning then easing to 20 to 25 knots early afternoon and further to 15 to 20 knots late afternoon.
- 1.5 to 2.5 metres, decreasing to 1.5 metres during the evening.
- Southwesterly 3 metres.
- Cloudy. 60% chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm in the morning. Possible small hail in the morning.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 5:10 am CST Sunday.