Roxby Downs Forecast

View the current warnings for South Australia

Forecast issued at 4:25 pm CDT on Thursday 19 January 2017.

Forecast for the rest of Thursday

Summary
Showers. Storm likely.
Chance of any rain: 80%

North West Pastoral area

Cloudy. High (80%) chance of showers south of Woomera, medium (60%) chance elsewhere. Rain and showers heavy at times south of Coober Pedy. A thunderstorm likely. Winds west to northwesterly 20 to 30 km/h tending north to northwesterly in the evening.

Sun protection recommended from 9:20 am to 6:00 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 16 [Extreme]

Friday 20 January

Summary
Min 25
Max 33
Humid. Possible morning storm.
Possible rainfall: 3 to 10 mm
Chance of any rain: 70%

North West Pastoral area

Humid. Cloudy. High (80%) chance of showers north of Coober Pedy, medium (50%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm. Heavy falls exceeding 40 mm possible north of Coober Pedy. Winds south to southeasterly 20 to 30 km/h. Overnight temperatures falling to between 18 and 26 with daytime temperatures reaching 27 to 35.

Fire Danger - High

Sun protection recommended from 9:20 am to 6:00 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 16 [Extreme]

7 day Town Forecasts

Precis Icon Location Min Max
Shower or two. Possible storm. Coober Pedy 24 32
Humid. Possible morning storm. Roxby Downs 25 33
Humid. Possible morning storm. Woomera 24 32
Humid. Possible storm. Pukatja/Ernabella 24 34
Humid. Possible storm. Marla 25 35
Shower or two. Possible storm. Oak Valley 18 29
Possible shower or storm. Tarcoola 20 32

Saturday 21 January

Summary
Min 21
Max 35
Partly cloudy.
Possible rainfall: 0 mm
Chance of any rain: 20%

North West Pastoral area

Humid. Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers north of Coober Pedy, slight (30%) chance remainder north of Tarcoola. The chance of a thunderstorm. Winds south to southeasterly 15 to 25 km/h tending east to southeasterly 15 to 20 km/h early in the morning then becoming light in the early afternoon. Overnight temperatures falling to between 16 and 24 with daytime temperatures reaching 30 to 36.

Sun protection recommended from 9:20 am to 6:00 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 16 [Extreme]

Sunday 22 January

Summary
Min 24
Max 40
Mostly sunny.
Possible rainfall: 0 mm
Chance of any rain: 10%

North West Pastoral area

Very hot and humid. Partly cloudy. Medium (60%) chance of showers west of Marla, slight (20%) chance elsewhere west of Coober Pedy. The chance of a thunderstorm west of about Marla. Winds north to northeasterly 15 to 25 km/h tending north to northwesterly 20 to 30 km/h during the morning then becoming light during the evening. Overnight temperatures falling to 21 to 26 with daytime temperatures reaching 34 to 41.

Sun protection recommended from 9:20 am to 6:10 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 17 [Extreme]

Monday 23 January

Summary
Min 27
Max 41
Very hot. Shower or two.
Possible rainfall: 0 to 1 mm
Chance of any rain: 50%

North West Pastoral area

Very hot and humid. Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers, most likely in the afternoon and evening. The chance of a thunderstorm. Locally heavy falls possible. Winds northwesterly 15 to 25 km/h shifting south to southwesterly during the afternoon. Overnight temperatures falling to 23 to 28 with daytime temperatures reaching 32 to 41.

Tuesday 24 January

Summary
Min 23
Max 32
Shower or two.
Possible rainfall: 1 to 8 mm
Chance of any rain: 60%

Wednesday 25 January

Summary
Min 18
Max 33
Partly cloudy.
Possible rainfall: 0 mm
Chance of any rain: 10%

Thursday 26 January

Summary
Min 20
Max 35
Mostly sunny.
Possible rainfall: 0 mm
Chance of any rain: 5%

The next routine forecast will be issued at 5:40 am CDT Friday.

Product derived from IDS10044 and IDS11053