Forecast issued at 4:25 pm CST on Wednesday 4 May 2016.
A high pressure ridge will extends across the north of the State. A cold front will move across western coasts later on Thursday then across southern coasts early Friday. A deep low is expected to develop south of the Bight later on Saturday, then move southeastwards to be west of Kangaroo Island Sunday morning and south of the Island in the evening. The low will extend a vigorous cold front to central coasts later on Sunday and across eastern coasts Monday morning.
Forecast for Wednesday until midnight
- Northwesterly 10 to 15 knots, reaching 15 to 20 knots offshore and tending northerly in the late evening.
- Below 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres offshore.
- Southwesterly 4 to 5 metres.
- Partly cloudy.
Thursday 5 May
- Northerly 10 to 15 knots increasing to north to northwesterly 15 to 20 knots during the morning, then tending west to northwest 10 to 15 knots in the afternoon and turning west to southwesterly in the evening.
- 0.5 to 1 metre reaching 1 to 1.5 metres offshore in the morning.
- Southwesterly 3 to 4 metres.
Friday 6 May
- South to southeasterly 10 to 15 knots turning southeast to easterly during the day.
- Around 1 metre.
- Southwesterly around 3 metres.
- Partly cloudy.
Saturday 7 May
- Northeasterly 10 to 15 knots turning northerly 15 to 20 knots during the morning.
- Around 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres south of Streaky Bay during the morning.
- Southwesterly around 3 metres, increasing to 3 to 4 metres south of Streaky Bay.
- Cloudy. 90% chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 5:10 am CST Thursday.