Forecast issued at 10:00 pm CDT on Saturday 20 December 2014.
A high pressure system centred south of Kangaroo Island will move east to be centred over the Tasman sea on Sunday. A trough of low pressure over southern and western coasts will move slowly northwards over the Gulf Waters later Sunday and Monday. A strong high pressure system will develop southwest of Western Australia this week.
Forecast for Saturday until midnight
- Southeasterly around 15 knots.
- Around 1 metre.
- Southwesterly 1.5 metres.
Sunday 21 December
Strong Wind Warning for Sunday for Upper West Coast
- Northeast to southeasterly 10 to 15 knots becoming south to southeasterly 15 to 20 knots offshore from late morning and throughout by mid afternoon. Winds increasing to 20 to 25 knots from mid afternoon, reaching 20 to 30 knots offshore till late evening.
- Around 1 metre, increasing to 1.5 to 2.5 metres around midday.
- Southwesterly 1.5 metres, increasing to 1.5 to 2 metres during the morning.
- Cloudy. 40% chance of showers from the late morning. The chance of a thunderstorm.
Monday 22 December
- Southeasterly 15 to 20 knots turning southerly 20 to 25 knots before sunrise then easing to 15 to 20 knots by late morning then easing to 10 to 15 knots towards midnight.
- 1 to 2 metres.
- Southwesterly 1.5 to 2 metres, decreasing to 1 to 1.5 metres during the morning.
- Partly cloudy. 60% chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm in the morning and afternoon.
Tuesday 23 December
- South to southwesterly 10 to 15 knots increasing to 15 to 20 knots before sunrise then turning southeasterly during the evening.
- 1 to 1.5 metres.
- Southwesterly 1.5 to 2 metres.
- Cloudy. 30% chance of a shower.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 5:10 am CDT Sunday.