West Coast District Forecast

View the current warnings for South Australia

Forecast updated at 4:33 pm CST on Monday 18 June 2018.

Weather Situation

A high pressure system south of Mount Gambier is moving slowly eastwards and will be centred over the southern Tasman sea later Tuesday. A front will move over the far west of the State on Tuesday, then slide southeastwards over southern parts of the State during the middle of the week. An area of high pressure will then become established over the Pastoral districts from mid-week.

Forecast for the rest of Monday

Mostly clear. Winds northeasterly 15 to 25 km/h.

Tuesday 19 June

Cloudy. Very high (90%) chance of showers developing west of Nullarbor, with a slight (30%) chance of showers extending further east, reaching eastern parts late evening. Winds north to northeasterly 15 to 25 km/h increasing to 35 km/h before tending north to northwesterly 15 to 20 km/h during the day. Overnight temperatures falling to between 3 and 7 with daytime temperatures reaching around 14.

Sun protection not recommended, UV Index predicted to reach 2 [Low]

7 day Town Forecasts

Precis Icon Location Min Max
Possible late shower. Ceduna 3 15
Becoming cloudy. Wudinna 3 14
Possible late shower. Windy. Elliston 6 16
Showers. Nullarbor 5 13

Wednesday 20 June

Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers east of Ceduna, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm south of Streaky Bay in the morning. Local morning fog. Winds north to northwesterly 15 to 20 km/h becoming light before dawn. Overnight temperatures falling to between 3 and 7 with daytime temperatures reaching around 18.

Thursday 21 June

Partly cloudy. Areas of morning fog. Slight (30%) chance of a shower south of Streaky Bay. Light winds. Overnight temperatures falling to between 3 and 6 with daytime temperatures reaching around 18.

Friday 22 June

Partly cloudy. Areas of morning fog. Medium (40%) chance of showers south of Streaky Bay. Light winds. Overnight temperatures falling to between 3 and 7 with daytime temperatures reaching around 19.

The next routine forecast will be issued at 5:40 am CST Tuesday.

Product IDS11050