Yunta Forecast

View the current warnings for South Australia

Forecast issued at 4:25 pm CST on Tuesday 30 August 2016.

Forecast for the rest of Tuesday

Summary
Possible shower.
Chance of any rain: 40%

North East Pastoral area

Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of rain east of Leigh Creek, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm south of Leigh Creek. Winds north to northwesterly 15 to 20 km/h.

Sun protection recommended from 9:50 am to 2:50 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 5 [Moderate]

Wednesday 31 August

Summary
Min 6
Max 19
Partly cloudy.
Possible rainfall: 0 mm
Chance of any rain: 5%

North East Pastoral area

Mostly sunny. Areas of morning fog. Medium (40%) chance of rain in the far northeast in the morning. Winds northwest to southwesterly 15 to 20 km/h tending southeast to southwesterly early in the morning then becoming light in the middle of the day. Overnight temperatures falling to between 7 and 13 with daytime temperatures reaching 20 to 25.

Sun protection recommended from 9:40 am to 3:00 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 6 [High]

7 day Town Forecasts

Precis Icon Location Min Max
Early fog then mostly sunny. Leigh Creek 8 20
Sunny. Marree 9 22
Cloud clearing. Moomba 12 24
Sunny. Oodnadatta 9 24
Partly cloudy. Yunta 6 19

Thursday 1 September

Summary
Min 5
Max 19
Shower or two clearing.
Possible rainfall: 0 to 2 mm
Chance of any rain: 50%

North East Pastoral area

Cloudy. Very high (90%) chance of rain in the far north, medium (50%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm in the far north. Heavy falls exceeding 50 mm possible north of Marree. Light winds becoming northeast to southeasterly 15 to 25 km/h in the morning then tending southeast to southwesterly in the early afternoon. Overnight temperatures falling to between 6 and 13 with daytime temperatures reaching between 19 and 23.

Sun protection recommended from 9:50 am to 2:50 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 6 [High]

Friday 2 September

Summary
Min 6
Max 17
Cloudy.
Possible rainfall: 0 mm
Chance of any rain: 5%

North East Pastoral area

Cloudy. High (70%) chance of rain north of Leigh Creek, most likely in the morning. Near zero chance of rain elsewhere. Heavy falls exceeding 50 mm possible north of Leigh Creek. Winds south to southeasterly 15 to 25 km/h tending south to southwesterly 25 to 35 km/h during the day. Overnight temperatures falling to between 7 and 13 with daytime temperatures reaching between 18 and 21.

Sun protection recommended from 9:50 am to 2:40 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 5 [Moderate]

Saturday 3 September

Summary
Min 3
Max 18
Partly cloudy.
Possible rainfall: 0 mm
Chance of any rain: 5%

North East Pastoral area

Partly cloudy. Winds south to southwesterly 15 to 25 km/h becoming light during the evening. Overnight temperatures falling to between 4 and 8 with daytime temperatures reaching around 20.

Sunday 4 September

Summary
Min 4
Max 19
Partly cloudy.
Possible rainfall: 0 mm
Chance of any rain: 5%

Monday 5 September

Summary
Min 2
Max 20
Mostly sunny.
Possible rainfall: 0 mm
Chance of any rain: 5%

Tuesday 6 September

Summary
Min 4
Max 21
Partly cloudy.
Possible rainfall: 0 mm
Chance of any rain: 0%

The next routine forecast will be issued at 5:40 am CST Wednesday.

Product derived from IDS10044 and IDS11054