Liawenee Forecast

View the current warnings for Tasmania

Forecast issued at 4:25 pm EST on Thursday 3 September 2015.

Forecast for the rest of Thursday

Summary
Clear.
Chance of any rain: 0%

Central Plateau area

Mostly clear. Winds southwesterly 15 to 20 km/h becoming light in the late evening.

Friday 4 September

Summary
Min -4
Max 7
Frost. Possible late shower.
Possible rainfall: 0 to 1 mm
Chance of any rain: 40%

Central Plateau area

Cloudy. Areas of morning frost. High (70%) chance of showers in the west, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Snow falling above 1000 metres. Winds west to northwesterly 20 to 30 km/h tending west to southwesterly 25 to 35 km/h during the afternoon and evening. Overnight temperatures falling to between minus 5 and minus 1 with daytime temperatures reaching between 6 and 10.

UV Alert from 10:50 am to 1:40 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 4 [Moderate]

7 day Town Forecasts

Precis Icon Location Min Max
Early frost. Partly cloudy. Bothwell -1 12
Shower or two developing. Cradle Valley -3 8
Shower or two developing. Tarraleah -3 9

Saturday 5 September

Summary
Min -1
Max 7
Frost. Early shower or two.
Possible rainfall: 0 to 2 mm
Chance of any rain: 50%

Central Plateau area

Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the west, medium (40%) chance elsewhere. Snow falling above 1000 metres. Patches of morning frost in the north. Winds west to southwesterly 15 to 25 km/h tending south to southwesterly 15 to 20 km/h in the morning then becoming light in the early afternoon. Overnight temperatures falling to between minus 1 and 3 above zero with daytime temperatures reaching between 7 and 12.

Sunday 6 September

Summary
Min -2
Max 6
Late rain.
Possible rainfall: 1 to 4 mm
Chance of any rain: 80%

Central Plateau area

Partly cloudy. Areas of morning frost. High (70%) chance of rain in the north in the evening, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Snow falling above 1200 metres. Winds north to northeasterly 25 to 35 km/h. Overnight temperatures falling to between minus 2 and 2 above zero with daytime temperatures reaching between 5 and 11.

Monday 7 September

Summary
Min 1
Max 6
Showers.
Possible rainfall: 6 to 15 mm
Chance of any rain: 95%

Central Plateau area

Cloudy. Very high (90%) chance of showers. Snow falling above 1000 metres. Winds north to northeasterly 20 to 30 km/h turning west to northwesterly 15 to 20 km/h during the morning. Overnight temperatures falling to between zero and 4 with daytime temperatures reaching between 5 and 11.

Tuesday 8 September

Summary
Min -1
Max 7
Shower or two.
Possible rainfall: 0 to 2 mm
Chance of any rain: 50%

Wednesday 9 September

Summary
Min 0
Max 9
Possible shower.
Possible rainfall: 0 to 0.4 mm
Chance of any rain: 30%

Thursday 10 September

Summary
Min -1
Max 12
Mostly sunny.
Possible rainfall: 0 mm
Chance of any rain: 5%

The next routine forecast will be issued at 5:40 am EST Friday.

Product derived from IDT16710 and IDT16060