Melaleuca Forecast

View the current warnings for Tasmania

Forecast issued at 4:25 pm EDT on Monday 21 October 2019.

Forecast for the rest of Monday

Summary
Light shower or two.
Chance of any rain: 70%

Western area

Cloudy. High (70%) chance of light showers in the far south, medium (40%) chance elsewhere. Winds westerly 20 to 30 km/h.

Sun protection recommended from 9:50 am to 4:10 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 6 [High]

Tuesday 22 October

Summary
Min 8
Max 17
Light early shower or two.
Possible rainfall: 0 to 0.4 mm
Chance of any rain: 70%

Western area

Partly cloudy. The chance of fog north of Strahan in the early morning. Medium (50%) chance of light showers in the far south in the early morning. Winds northwest to southwesterly 15 to 25 km/h becoming light early in the morning then becoming west to northwesterly 20 to 30 km/h in the middle of the day. Overnight temperatures falling to between 3 and 7 with daytime temperatures reaching between 16 and 20.

Fire Danger - Low-Moderate

Sun protection recommended from 9:50 am to 4:10 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 6 [High]

7 day Town Forecasts

Precis Icon Location Min Max
Partly cloudy. Strahan 7 17
Light early shower or two. Melaleuca 8 17
Partly cloudy. Queenstown 5 19
Partly cloudy. Rosebery 6 22

Wednesday 23 October

Summary
Min 7
Max 20
Shower or two.
Possible rainfall: 0 to 1 mm
Chance of any rain: 70%

Western area

Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the far south, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Winds northwest to northeasterly 25 to 35 km/h tending west to northwesterly in the morning then becoming light in the evening. Overnight temperatures falling to between 4 and 7 with daytime temperatures reaching between 17 and 21.

Sun protection recommended from 9:50 am to 4:10 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 6 [High]

Thursday 24 October

Summary
Min 7
Max 27
Partly cloudy.
Chance of any rain: 10%

Western area

Partly cloudy. Winds northeasterly 20 to 30 km/h turning north to northwesterly 25 to 35 km/h during the morning then tending north to northeasterly 25 to 40 km/h during the evening. Overnight temperatures falling to between 6 and 9 with daytime temperatures reaching 23 to 28.

Sun protection recommended from 9:50 am to 4:10 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 6 [High]

Friday 25 October

Summary
Min 12
Max 20
Showers. Becoming windy.
Possible rainfall: 6 to 10 mm
Chance of any rain: 90%

Western area

Cloudy. Very high (90%) chance of showers. Snow falling above 900 metres. Winds north to northeasterly 30 to 45 km/h turning west to northwesterly during the morning. Overnight temperatures falling to between 10 and 13 with daytime temperatures reaching between 18 and 22.

Saturday 26 October

Summary
Min 5
Max 14
Showers.
Possible rainfall: 8 to 15 mm
Chance of any rain: 90%

Sunday 27 October

Summary
Min 5
Max 15
Showers.
Possible rainfall: 3 to 6 mm
Chance of any rain: 80%

Monday 28 October

Summary
Min 5
Max 19
Shower or two.
Possible rainfall: 0 to 2 mm
Chance of any rain: 60%

The next routine forecast will be issued at 5:40 am EDT Tuesday.

Product derived from IDT16710 and IDT16070