North West Coast Forecast

View the current warnings for Tasmania

Forecast updated at 7:55 pm EST on Saturday 18 September 2021.

Weather Situation

A west to northwesterly stream will strengthen further on Sunday ahead of a cold front to cross Tasmania during the afternoon. Winds will remain strong and gusty overnight ahead of another front to cross early Monday, bearing a colder west to southwesterly stream. A trough is expected to move over the state during Tuesday, as fresh and gusty southwesterly winds tend more westerly, while a high drifts over the Bight. On Wednesday the high will slowly move over S.A, while a westerly flow is maintained over Tasmania.

Forecast for the rest of Saturday

Partly cloudy. Medium (60%) chance of showers in the west, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Snow possible above 800 metres. Possible hail in the west. Winds westerly 30 to 45 km/h.

Sunday 19 September

Cloudy. Very high (near 100%) chance of rain, most likely in the morning and afternoon. Snow falling above 1000 metres. Heavy falls possible in the west. Winds west to northwesterly 40 to 60 km/h. Overnight temperatures falling to between 3 and 8 with daytime temperatures reaching between 10 and 14.

Sun protection 10:20am to 2:00pm, UV Index predicted to reach 4 [Moderate]

7 day Town Forecasts

Precis Icon Location Min Max
Rain. Very windy. Burnie 5 13
Rain. Windy. Deloraine 5 12
Rain. Very windy. Devonport 7 13
Rain. Possible heavy falls. Smithton 7 14
Rain. Very windy. Ulverstone 7 13
Rain. Very windy. Wynyard 6 14

Monday 20 September

Cloudy. Very high (90%) chance of showers, most likely in the morning and afternoon. Snow falling above 600 metres early. The chance of a thunderstorm in the late morning and afternoon. Gusty winds and possible hail. Winds westerly 35 to 50 km/h turning southwesterly 25 to 40 km/h in the late afternoon. Overnight temperatures falling to between 4 and 7 with daytime temperatures reaching between 8 and 12.

Tuesday 21 September

Cloudy. High (80%) chance of showers in the west, medium (40%) chance elsewhere. Snow falling above 500 metres. Possible hail in the morning. Winds south to southwesterly 25 to 35 km/h tending west to southwesterly 20 to 30 km/h during the day. Overnight temperatures falling to between 1 and 5 with daytime temperatures reaching between 9 and 13.

Wednesday 22 September

Partly cloudy. High (80%) chance of showers in the west, slight (20%) chance elsewhere. Winds west to southwesterly 20 to 30 km/h. Overnight temperatures falling to between 5 and 8 with daytime temperatures reaching between 13 and 19.

The next routine forecast will be issued at 5:40 am EST Sunday.

Product IDT16020