Railton Forecast

View the current warnings for Tasmania

Forecast issued at 5:40 am EDT on Thursday 5 March 2015.

Forecast for the rest of Thursday

Summary
Max 18
Late shower or two.

North West Coast area

Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers, most likely late this afternoon and evening. Snow falling above 900 metres this morning. The chance of a thunderstorm in the far west early this morning. Winds southwesterly 25 to 40 km/h tending westerly 30 to 45 km/h in the late afternoon. Daytime maximum temperatures between 13 and 18.

Fire Danger - High

UV Alert from 10:30 am to 4:20 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 6 [High]

7 day Town Forecasts

Precis Icon Location Min Max
Shower or two. Burnie 18
Late shower or two. Deloraine 16
Late shower or two. Windy. Devonport 19
Showers. Windy. Smithton 18
Late shower or two. Ulverstone 18
Shower or two. Wynyard 18

Friday 6 March

Summary
Min 11
Max 20
Shower or two.

North West Coast area

Cloudy. Very high (90%) chance of showers, most likely in the early morning. Winds west to southwesterly 30 to 45 km/h decreasing to 15 to 20 km/h in the late evening. Overnight temperatures falling to between 8 and 12 with daytime temperatures reaching between 16 and 21.

Saturday 7 March

Summary
Min 13
Max 20
Shower or two.

North West Coast area

Cloudy. High (80%) chance of showers, most likely in the morning and afternoon. Winds westerly 25 to 35 km/h becoming light during the evening. Overnight temperatures falling to between 11 and 14 with daytime temperatures reaching between 17 and 22.

Sunday 8 March

Summary
Min 10
Max 21
Becoming cloudy.

North West Coast area

Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the west, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Light winds becoming westerly 15 to 20 km/h during the morning then tending northwesterly 20 to 30 km/h during the day. Overnight temperatures falling to between 8 and 12 with daytime temperatures reaching between 18 and 22.

Monday 9 March

Summary
Min 14
Max 20
Shower or two clearing.

Tuesday 10 March

Summary
Min 8
Max 20
Partly cloudy.

Wednesday 11 March

Summary
Min 9
Max 21
Cloudy.

The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:25 pm EDT Thursday.

Product derived from IDT16710 and IDT16020