Sorell Forecast

View the current warnings for Tasmania

Forecast issued at 4:25 pm EST on Monday 21 August 2017.

Forecast for the rest of Monday

Summary
Mostly clear.
Chance of any rain: 0%

South East area

Partly cloudy. Light winds becoming northwesterly 15 to 20 km/h in the late evening.

Sun protection not recommended, UV Index predicted to reach 2 [Low]

Tuesday 22 August

Summary
Min 1
Max 15
Partly cloudy.
Possible rainfall: 0 mm
Chance of any rain: 10%

South East area

Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the south, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Winds northwesterly 25 to 35 km/h. Overnight temperatures falling to between zero and 4 with daytime temperatures reaching between 9 and 15.

Sun protection not recommended, UV Index predicted to reach 2 [Low]

7 day Town Forecasts

Precis Icon Location Min Max
Possible late shower. Hobart 3 15
Early fog. Late shower or two. Huonville 0 14
Possible late shower. Port Arthur 4 15
Partly cloudy. Richmond 1 15

Wednesday 23 August

Summary
Min 3
Max 13
Showers.
Possible rainfall: 2 to 5 mm
Chance of any rain: 80%

South East area

Cloudy. Very high (90%) chance of showers, most likely in the morning and afternoon. Snow falling above 700 metres late. Winds west to northwesterly 20 to 30 km/h tending west to southwesterly 15 to 25 km/h before dawn then becoming light in the morning. Overnight temperatures falling to between 2 and 6 with daytime temperatures reaching between 8 and 12.

Sun protection not recommended, UV Index predicted to reach 2 [Low]

Thursday 24 August

Summary
Min 0
Max 14
Partly cloudy.
Possible rainfall: 0 mm
Chance of any rain: 5%

South East area

Partly cloudy. Patches of morning frost. Slight (30%) chance of a shower in the south, near zero chance elsewhere. Snow possible above 800 metres at first. Winds west to northwesterly 15 to 25 km/h increasing to 20 to 30 km/h during the evening. Overnight temperatures falling to between minus 1 and 4 above zero with daytime temperatures reaching between 9 and 14.

Sun protection not recommended, UV Index predicted to reach 2 [Low]

Friday 25 August

Summary
Min 3
Max 15
Possible late shower.
Possible rainfall: 0 to 0.4 mm
Chance of any rain: 40%

South East area

Cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the south, medium (50%) chance elsewhere. Snow falling above 1200 metres. Winds northwesterly 25 to 40 km/h. Overnight temperatures falling to between 2 and 6 with daytime temperatures reaching between 9 and 15.

Saturday 26 August

Summary
Min 2
Max 13
Shower or two.
Possible rainfall: 1 to 2 mm
Chance of any rain: 70%

Sunday 27 August

Summary
Min 0
Max 13
Partly cloudy.
Possible rainfall: 0 mm
Chance of any rain: 20%

Monday 28 August

Summary
Min 2
Max 14
Partly cloudy.
Possible rainfall: 0 mm
Chance of any rain: 20%

The next routine forecast will be issued at 5:40 am EST Tuesday.

Product derived from IDT16710 and IDT16120