South East Forecast

View the current warnings for Tasmania

Forecast issued at 4:25 pm EDT on Sunday 17 February 2019.

Weather Situation

An approaching front will cross Tasmania tomorrow morning, with westerly winds to persist behind the front and during Tuesday. Another front will then cross Tasmania during Wednesday, as a low passes well to the south and a high builds over the Bight. A west to southwesterly stream will gradually ease over Tasmania during Thursday, as the high approaches from the west.

Forecast for the rest of Sunday

Partly cloudy. Medium (40%) chance of showers. Winds west to northwesterly 20 to 30 km/h turning northerly 15 to 25 km/h in the evening.

Monday 18 February

Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the south, medium (40%) chance elsewhere. Winds northerly 20 to 30 km/h turning west to northwesterly 35 to 50 km/h during the morning. Overnight temperatures falling to between 10 and 15 with daytime temperatures reaching between 14 and 22.

Fire Danger - High

Sun protection 9:40am to 5:00pm, UV Index predicted to reach 9 [Very High]

7 day Town Forecasts

Precis Icon Location Min Max
Possible shower. Hobart 16 22
Shower or two. Huonville 12 21
Morning shower or two. Windy. Port Arthur 15 21
Partly cloudy. Richmond 14 22

Tuesday 19 February

Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the far south, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Winds west to northwesterly 25 to 40 km/h. Overnight temperatures falling to between 7 and 11 with daytime temperatures reaching between 15 and 20.

Wednesday 20 February

Partly cloudy. Very high (90%) chance of showers in the far south, medium (60%) chance elsewhere. Winds northwesterly 25 to 35 km/h tending westerly 25 to 40 km/h during the day. Overnight temperatures falling to between 8 and 11 with daytime temperatures reaching between 16 and 22.

Thursday 21 February

Cloudy. High (80%) chance of showers in the south, medium (50%) chance elsewhere. Winds westerly 25 to 35 km/h. Overnight temperatures falling to between 7 and 11 with daytime temperatures reaching between 12 and 18.

The next routine forecast will be issued at 5:40 am EDT Monday.

Product IDT16120