Stanley Forecast

View the current warnings for Tasmania

Forecast issued at 4:25 pm EST on Thursday 25 August 2016.

Forecast for the rest of Thursday

Summary
Clear.
Chance of any rain: 0%

North West Coast area

Mostly clear. Winds southwesterly 15 to 25 km/h.

Sun protection recommended from 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 3 [Moderate]

Friday 26 August

Summary
Min 5
Max 12
Possible shower.
Possible rainfall: 0 to 0.4 mm
Chance of any rain: 30%

North West Coast area

Cloudy. Areas of frost in the east in the early morning. Medium (50%) chance of showers in the west, slight (20%) chance elsewhere. Snow possible above 1000 metres. Winds southwesterly 15 to 20 km/h tending westerly 15 to 25 km/h in the morning then becoming light in the late evening. Overnight temperatures falling to between zero and 5 with daytime temperatures reaching between 10 and 13.

Sun protection recommended from 11:30 am to 1:40 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 3 [Moderate]

7 day Town Forecasts

Precis Icon Location Min Max
Partly cloudy. Burnie 3 14
Early frost. Partly cloudy. Deloraine -1 13
Partly cloudy. Devonport 3 14
Possible shower. Smithton 3 13
Partly cloudy. Ulverstone 2 14
Cloudy. Wynyard 1 14

Saturday 27 August

Summary
Min 8
Max 13
Shower or two.
Possible rainfall: 0 to 2 mm
Chance of any rain: 60%

North West Coast area

Cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the west, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Winds westerly 20 to 30 km/h. Overnight temperatures falling to between 3 and 7 with daytime temperatures reaching between 9 and 13.

Sun protection recommended from 11:50 am to 1:10 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 3 [Moderate]

Sunday 28 August

Summary
Min 6
Max 13
Partly cloudy.
Possible rainfall: 0 mm
Chance of any rain: 20%

North West Coast area

Partly cloudy. Slight (30%) chance of a shower in the morning. Winds west to northwesterly 15 to 20 km/h tending north to northwesterly during the afternoon then becoming light during the evening. Overnight temperatures falling to between 1 and 5 with daytime temperatures reaching between 10 and 14.

Sun protection recommended from 11:20 am to 1:40 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 3 [Moderate]

Monday 29 August

Summary
Min 7
Max 14
Partly cloudy.
Possible rainfall: 0 mm
Chance of any rain: 10%

North West Coast area

Partly cloudy. The chance of morning fog in the west. Light winds becoming east to northeasterly 15 to 20 km/h during the evening. Overnight temperatures falling to between 1 and 6 with daytime temperatures reaching between 12 and 15.

Tuesday 30 August

Summary
Min 8
Max 14
Shower or two.
Possible rainfall: 2 to 10 mm
Chance of any rain: 60%

Wednesday 31 August

Summary
Min 10
Max 14
Shower or two.
Possible rainfall: 1 to 8 mm
Chance of any rain: 60%

Thursday 1 September

Summary
Min 10
Max 14
Cloudy.
Possible rainfall: 0 mm
Chance of any rain: 20%

The next routine forecast will be issued at 5:40 am EST Friday.

Product derived from IDT16710 and IDT16020