No warnings for Tasmania
Forecast issued at 5:00 am EDT on Thursday 11 February 2016.
A trough will linger near Flinders Island and Bass Strait during today, as a high over the Bight extends a ridge over the south of Tasmania. The high will move out to the east of the state later tomorrow, as a cold front moves over waters south of the Bight. The front will cross Tasmania during Saturday evening, bringing a westerly airstream that will persist through Sunday.
Forecast for Thursday until midnight
- West to southwesterly below 10 knots becoming southerly in the late evening.
- Partly cloudy. 20% chance of a shower this morning.
Friday 12 February
- Variable below 10 knots becoming westerly 10 to 15 knots in the evening.
- Partly cloudy.
Saturday 13 February
- Northwesterly 15 to 20 knots tending westerly during the afternoon.
- Partly cloudy. 90% chance of showers.
Sunday 14 February
- Westerly 15 to 20 knots tending northwesterly during the evening.
- Cloudy. 90% chance of showers.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:05 pm EDT Thursday.