Forecast issued at 10:03 am EST on Monday 29 August 2016.
A high to the northeast is extending a ridge over Tasmania while a broad area of low pressure moves slowly over the Bight. The low will weaken to a trough during Tuesday and a northerly stream will develop over Tasmania as the high moves over the Tasman Sea. The trough will cross Tasmania during Wednesday, with the flow tending westerly, before another trough moves over the state on Thursday.
Forecast for Monday until midnight
- Variable below 10 knots.
- Mostly sunny.
Tuesday 30 August
- East to northeasterly below 10 knots.
- Mostly sunny morning. 95% chance of rain in the late afternoon and evening.
Wednesday 31 August
- North to northeasterly below 10 knots becoming west to northwesterly during the morning.
- Cloudy. 95% chance of rain.
Thursday 1 September
- West to northwesterly below 10 knots becoming south to southwesterly during the day then east to southeasterly during the evening.
- Cloudy. 80% chance of showers.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:05 pm EST Monday.