Forecast issued at 5:00 am EDT on Monday 5 December 2016.
A cold front clearing the state this morning is bringing a westerly stream over Tasmania today. Winds will ease later today but persist through Tuesday, tending north to northwesterly on Wednesday ahead of another approaching cold front. The cold front will cross the state during Thursday with winds shifting generally southwesterly as a result.
Forecast for Monday until midnight
Small Craft Alert for Monday for South West Lakes
- Westerly 15 to 25 knots decreasing to about 10 knots in the evening.
- Cloudy. 50% chance of showers in the morning and early afternoon.
Tuesday 6 December
- West to northwesterly below 10 knots increasing to 10 to 15 knots in the middle of the day.
- Cloudy. 70% chance of showers.
Wednesday 7 December
- Northwesterly 10 to 15 knots becoming northerly below 10 knots during the evening.
- Partly cloudy. 50% chance of showers.
Thursday 8 December
- North to northeasterly about 10 knots tending northwesterly 15 to 20 knots during the afternoon then shifting southwesterly during the evening.
- Cloudy. 95% chance of rain.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:05 pm EDT Monday.