No warnings for Tasmania
Forecast issued at 4:07 pm EST on Friday 25 July 2014.
A high pressure system over the Tasman Sea will slowly continue eastwards over the next few days, while a shallow low pressure system just west of King Island will cross Bass Strait overnight and tomorrow morning, with a cold front then expected just west of the Bight tomorrow night. This front will then dissipate over Tasmania on Sunday night, with a stronger cold front to then move over the Bight later on Monday before passing near the south of the state on Tuesday while a very deep low passes well south of the Bight.
Forecast for Friday until midnight
- East to northeasterly below 10 knots.
Saturday 26 July
- Northwest to northeasterly below 10 knots.
- Areas of morning fog with reduced visibility.
Sunday 27 July
- North to northwesterly 5 to 15 knots increasing to 10 to 20 knots in the morning.
Monday 28 July
- Northwesterly 10 to 20 knots.
Tuesday 29 July
- Northwesterly 15 to 25 knots.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
The next routine forecast will be issued at 5:00 am EST Saturday.