Forecast issued at 4:05 pm EDT on Thursday 18 December 2014.
A cold front crossing Tasmania will move away to the east this evening. A high over the Bight will extend a ridge towards Tasmania tomorrow, with a front to approach the southwest late. The high will pass to the north of Tasmania on Saturday as the cold front crosses the state during the morning. Another weak front will cross southern Tasmania later on Sunday, with a ridge to extend over the state early on Monday. A trough over Victoria is expected to extend south towards Tasmania later on Monday.
Forecast for Thursday until midnight
- Northwesterly 10 to 20 knots tending westerly 10 to 15 knots in the evening.
- Cloudy. 90% chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm early this evening.
Friday 19 December
- Westerly 10 to 15 knots turning northwesterly below 10 knots in the late evening.
- Partly cloudy. 90% chance of showers.
Saturday 20 December
- West to northwesterly 10 to 15 knots decreasing to below 10 knots in the evening.
- Cloudy. 90% chance of showers.
Sunday 21 December
- Northwesterly 10 to 15 knots turning westerly 15 to 20 knots during the afternoon.
- Partly cloudy. 60% chance of showers.
Monday 22 December
- Variable below 10 knots.
- Partly cloudy. 20% chance of a shower.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
The next routine forecast will be issued at 5:00 am EDT Friday.