Forecast issued at 10:00 am EDT on Saturday 28 February 2015.
A trough and cold front are expected to cross Tasmania this afternoon, with an associated low to pass to the south overnight into Sunday. A cooler southwesterly airstream will ease during Sunday as a high moves over the Bight, then nears King Island in the evening. The high will move away to the east of Tasmania on Monday with a trough expected to cross the state later in the day and a cold front to cross overnight into Tuesday with a more westerly flow to follow.
Forecast for Saturday until midnight
Small Craft Alert for Saturday for South West Lakes
- East to northeasterly about 10 knots tending north to northwesterly 15 to 25 knots in the early afternoon then tending west to northwesterly 15 to 20 knots in the evening.
- Cloudy. 95% chance of rain. The chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon and evening.
Sunday 1 March
- Westerly 10 to 15 knots tending southwesterly in the middle of the day then turning west to northwesterly below 10 knots in the late evening.
- Cloudy. 80% chance of showers in the morning and afternoon.
Monday 2 March
- North to northeasterly below 10 knots becoming northwesterly 10 to 15 knots during the afternoon.
- Partly cloudy. 30% chance of a shower.
Tuesday 3 March
- West to northwesterly 10 to 15 knots.
- Cloudy. 70% chance of showers.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:05 pm EDT Saturday.