Forecast issued at 10:03 pm EST on Wednesday 1 October 2014.
A high lies over the Bight ,while a cold front moves over waters to the south of the Bight. The front will cross Tasmania tomorrow as the high slowly moves eastwards. The high will pass to the north of Tasmania on Friday and away to the northeast by Friday evening. A cold front will approach the west of the state during Saturday, crossing in the early hours of Sunday morning. Another high will then move over Tasmania during Sunday evening.
Forecast for Wednesday until midnight
- West to northwesterly 15 to 20 knots.
Thursday 2 October
Small Craft Alert for Thursday for South West Lakes
- Westerly 15 to 25 knots tending southwesterly late morning then decreasing to 10 to 20 knots by early evening and to 5 to 15 knots late evening.
Friday 3 October
- Westerly below 10 knots becoming north to northwesterly in the late evening.
Saturday 4 October
- Northwesterly 10 to 15 knots.
Sunday 5 October
- West to northwesterly 10 to 15 knots tending west to southwesterly below 10 knots during the morning.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
The next routine forecast will be issued at 5:00 am EST Thursday.