Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
Severe Weather Warning
for damaging winds
for people in the North West Coast, Central Plateau, East Coast and South East forecast districts
Issued at 3:25 pm EDT on Thursday 5 March 2015.
A cold front will cross Tasmania overnight.
DAMAGING WEST TO SOUTHWESTERLY WINDS around 50 km/h with peak gusts of 100 km/h are forecast for parts of the North West Coast, Central Plateau, East Coast and South East forecast districts early Friday morning.
The State Emergency Service and Tasmania Police advise that people should:
- Supervise children closely
- Secure outdoor items including furniture and play equipment
- Check that family and neighbours are aware of warnings
- Manage pets and livestock
- Be prepared in case of power outages
- Beware of damaged trees and power lines and take care when driving
- Listen to the ABC radio or check www.ses.tas.gov.au for further advice
For flood and storm emergency assistance, contact the SES on 132 500
The next warning will be issued by 11:00 pm EDT Thursday.
This warning is also available through TV and Radio broadcasts; the Bureau's website at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 216. The Bureau and State Emergency Service would appreciate this warning being broadcast regularly.