Avalon Forecast

View the current warnings for Victoria

Forecast issued at 4:23 pm EST on Tuesday 14 August 2018.

Forecast for the rest of Tuesday

Summary
Clear.
Chance of any rain: 0%

Geelong and Surf Coast area

Clear. Winds northwesterly 30 to 45 km/h.

Sun protection recommended from 11:20 am to 1:20 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 3 [Moderate]

Wednesday 15 August

Summary
Min 10
Max 16
Shower or two. Windy.
Possible rainfall: 0 to 0.4 mm
Chance of any rain: 50%

Geelong and Surf Coast area

Partly cloudy. Medium (60%) chance of showers, most likely in the early morning and again during the afternoon. Possible hail on the surf coast in the late morning and afternoon. Winds northwesterly 40 to 55 km/h turning westerly 35 to 50 km/h in the late morning.

Sun protection recommended from 12:00 pm to 12:10 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 3 [Moderate]

7 day Town Forecasts

Precis Icon Location Min Max
Shower or two. Windy. Geelong 11 16
Shower or two. Windy. Avalon 10 16
Showers. Windy. Aireys Inlet 10 15

Thursday 16 August

Summary
Min 6
Max 14
Partly cloudy.
Possible rainfall: 0 to 0.2 mm
Chance of any rain: 30%

Geelong and Surf Coast area

Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers on the surf coast, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Winds west to northwesterly 25 to 35 km/h.

Sun protection not recommended, UV Index predicted to reach 2 [Low]

Friday 17 August

Summary
Min 5
Max 16
Late shower or two.
Possible rainfall: 0 to 2 mm
Chance of any rain: 50%

Geelong and Surf Coast area

Partly cloudy. Medium (60%) chance of showers in the evening. Winds northwesterly 25 to 35 km/h.

Sun protection not recommended, UV Index predicted to reach 2 [Low]

Saturday 18 August

Summary
Min 6
Max 14
Shower or two.
Possible rainfall: 0 to 3 mm
Chance of any rain: 60%

Geelong and Surf Coast area

Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers, most likely in the morning. The chance of a thunderstorm on the surf coast in the morning and afternoon with possible hail. Winds northwesterly 20 to 30 km/h increasing to 30 to 40 km/h during the morning then tending westerly 25 to 40 km/h during the day.

Sunday 19 August

Summary
Min 4
Max 12
Shower or two.
Possible rainfall: 1 to 6 mm
Chance of any rain: 70%

Geelong and Surf Coast area

Cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers. Winds westerly 25 to 35 km/h turning southwesterly 35 to 50 km/h during the morning.

Monday 20 August

Summary
Min 4
Max 14
Possible late shower.
Possible rainfall: 0 to 1 mm
Chance of any rain: 40%

Geelong and Surf Coast area

Cloudy. Medium (40%) chance of showers later in the day. Winds southwesterly 25 to 35 km/h turning west to northwesterly 20 to 30 km/h during the day.

Tuesday 21 August

Summary
Min 4
Max 15
Possible early shower.
Possible rainfall: 0 to 1 mm
Chance of any rain: 40%

Geelong and Surf Coast area

Partly cloudy. Medium (40%) chance of showers during the morning. Winds northwesterly 20 to 25 km/h tending westerly 15 to 25 km/h during the morning.

The next routine forecast will be issued at 5:05 am EST Wednesday.

Product derived from IDV10753 and IDV10701