Central District Forecast

View the current warnings for Victoria

Forecast issued at 4:19 pm EST on Wednesday 24 April 2019.

Weather Situation

A broad low pressure trough lying over Victoria separates a high pressure system over the Bight from another high over the Tasman Sea. The trough will move eastward late today as a cold front crosses Tasmania. A stronger cold front is forecast to approach southwestern Victoria late on Thursday then cross southern Victoria early Friday. The next high pressure system to the State's west will move slowly across the Bight during the weekend.

Forecast for the rest of Wednesday

Partly cloudy. Medium (40%) chance of showers in the east until early this evening. Near zero chance of rain elsewhere. Winds southwesterly 15 to 20 km/h becoming light in the evening.

Thursday 25 April

Partly cloudy. The chance of morning fog in the east. Medium (40%) chance of showers near the coast, most likely in the morning. Near zero chance of rain elsewhere. Winds west to northwesterly 20 to 30 km/h. Overnight temperatures falling to between 6 and 10 with daytime temperatures reaching between 17 and 22.

Fire Danger - Low-Moderate

Sun protection 10:30am to 2:20pm, UV Index predicted to reach 4 [Moderate]

7 day Town Forecasts

Precis Icon Location Min Max
Partly cloudy. Geelong 10 21
Partly cloudy. Ballarat 7 18
Partly cloudy. Scoresby 9 21
Partly cloudy. Yarra Glen 6 22
Partly cloudy. Frankston 12 20
Morning shower. Wonthaggi 11 19

Friday 26 April

Cloudy. High (80%) chance of showers in the southeast, medium (60%) chance elsewhere. Possible hail in the southeast in the late morning and afternoon. Winds west to northwesterly 20 to 30 km/h tending west to southwesterly 25 to 35 km/h early in the morning. Overnight temperatures falling to between 7 and 10 with daytime temperatures reaching between 11 and 15.

Saturday 27 April

Cloudy. Medium (50%) chance of showers in the southeast, near zero chance elsewhere. Winds westerly 15 to 25 km/h. Overnight temperatures falling to between 3 and 9 with daytime temperatures reaching between 13 and 18.

Sunday 28 April

Cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the southeast, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Winds westerly 20 to 30 km/h becoming light during the evening. Overnight temperatures falling to between 6 and 11 with daytime temperatures reaching between 14 and 19.

The next routine forecast will be issued at 5:40 am EST Thursday.

Product IDV17102