Mount Baw Baw Forecast

View the current warnings for Victoria

Forecast issued at 4:19 pm EDT on Wednesday 22 January 2020.

Forecast for the rest of Wednesday

Summary
Rain at times. Very windy.
Chance of any rain: 60%

West and South Gippsland area

Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of rain in the west, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm. Gusty winds. Winds north to northwesterly 25 to 35 km/h shifting cooler south to southwesterly 20 to 30 km/h in the evening.

Sun protection recommended from 9:10 am to 5:30 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 12 [Extreme]

Thursday 23 January

Summary
Min 7
Max 11
Rain easing. Windy.
Possible rainfall: 15 to 35 mm
Chance of any rain: 95%

West and South Gippsland area

Cloudy. Very high (95%) chance of rain, most likely in the morning. The chance of a thunderstorm in the early morning. Heavy falls possible. Winds west to southwesterly 15 to 20 km/h tending west to northwesterly 25 to 35 km/h during the morning. Overnight temperatures falling to between 11 and 14 with daytime temperatures reaching between 17 and 23.

Fire Danger - Low-Moderate

Sun protection recommended from 9:20 am to 5:20 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 11 [Extreme]

7 day Town Forecasts

Precis Icon Location Min Max
Morning rain. Heavy falls. Latrobe Valley 13 21
Morning rain. Possible heavy falls. Sale 14 24

Friday 24 January

Summary
Min 2
Max 11
Mostly sunny.
Chance of any rain: 0%

West and South Gippsland area

Partly cloudy. Winds west to northwesterly 15 to 25 km/h becoming light in the evening. Overnight temperatures falling to between 7 and 11 with daytime temperatures reaching between 19 and 24.

Sun protection recommended from 9:20 am to 5:20 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 11 [Extreme]

Saturday 25 January

Summary
Min 7
Max 16
Mostly sunny.
Chance of any rain: 0%

West and South Gippsland area

Mostly sunny. Light winds becoming west to southwesterly 15 to 20 km/h during the afternoon then becoming light during the evening. Overnight temperatures falling to between 8 and 12 with daytime temperatures reaching the low to high 20s.

Sun protection recommended from 9:10 am to 5:30 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 12 [Extreme]

Sunday 26 January

Summary
Min 9
Max 17
Mostly sunny.
Chance of any rain: 10%

West and South Gippsland area

Mostly sunny. Light winds becoming west to southwesterly 15 to 25 km/h during the day then becoming light during the evening. Overnight temperatures falling to between 10 and 13 with daytime temperatures reaching 24 to 29.

Monday 27 January

Summary
Min 10
Max 18
Partly cloudy.
Chance of any rain: 10%

Tuesday 28 January

Summary
Min 10
Max 15
Partly cloudy.
Chance of any rain: 20%

Wednesday 29 January

Summary
Min 6
Max 14
Partly cloudy.
Chance of any rain: 10%

The next routine forecast will be issued at 5:40 am EDT Thursday.

Product derived from IDV10753 and IDV17103