North Central District Forecast

View the current warnings for Victoria

Forecast issued at 4:15 pm EDT on Wednesday 27 January 2021.

Weather Situation

A high pressure system to the south of Tasmania is moving eastwards into the Tasman Sea, while a low pressure trough deepens over inland Australia. On Friday the high will settle to the east of Tasmania, while the deepening trough will extend into western Victoria on Friday morning, crossing the state during the day. A low is currently expected to develop on the trough over western Bass Strait Friday evening, then move east of Tasmania on Saturday. A short-lived high pressure system will move over Victoria on Sunday.

Forecast for the rest of Wednesday

Mostly clear. Winds south to southeasterly 15 to 25 km/h.

Thursday 28 January

Cloudy. Medium (50%) chance of showers, most likely during the afternoon and overnight. The chance of a thunderstorm in the west. Winds east to southeasterly 15 to 25 km/h tending east to northeasterly in the morning. Overnight temperatures falling to between 13 and 16 with daytime temperatures reaching the low to high 20s.

Fire Danger - Low-Moderate

Sun protection 9:20am to 5:40pm, UV Index predicted to reach 11 [Extreme]

7 day Town Forecasts

Precis Icon Location Min Max
Shower or two. Seymour 16 27

Friday 29 January

Humid. Cloudy. Very high (near 100%) chance of rain. Isolated thunderstorms. Heavy falls possible. Winds northeasterly 25 to 35 km/h. Overnight temperatures falling to around 15 with daytime temperatures reaching the low 20s.

Saturday 30 January

Humid. Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the east, slight (30%) chance elsewhere, easing later in the day. The chance of a thunderstorm in the east in the morning and afternoon. Winds northerly 20 to 30 km/h becoming light during the morning then becoming south to southwesterly 20 to 30 km/h during the day. Overnight temperatures falling to around 16 with daytime temperatures reaching 23 to 28.

Sunday 31 January

Partly cloudy. Winds southerly 20 to 30 km/h. Overnight temperatures falling to around 13 with daytime temperatures reaching 21 to 27.

The next routine forecast will be issued at 5:40 am EDT Thursday.

Product IDV17004