South West District Forecast

View the current warnings for Victoria

Forecast issued at 4:24 pm EST on Wednesday 27 May 2015.

Weather Situation

A high pressure system over the Tasman Sea will approach New Zealand on Thursday. A weak cold front will brush the Victorian coast this evening before slipping away to the southeast, a stronger cold front will enter the southwest of the State early on Thursday afternoon and reach the far east Thursday night. A weak high pressure ridge will extend across northern Victoria on Friday then more cold fronts will generate south of the Bight, the first of which should affect southern Victoria on Saturday, followed by a vigorous cold front later on Sunday.

Forecast for the rest of Wednesday

Partly cloudy. Medium (40%) chance of showers in the southwest, slight (20%) chance elsewhere. Winds northwesterly 15 to 20 km/h turning northerly 15 to 25 km/h in the evening.

Thursday 28 May

Cloudy. High (80%) chance of showers, most likely in the late morning and afternoon. The chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon and evening. Winds northerly 15 to 25 km/h turning west to northwesterly 25 to 35 km/h in the morning. Overnight temperatures falling to between 8 and 11 with daytime temperatures reaching around 16.

No UV Alert, UV Index predicted to reach 2 [Low]

7 day Town Forecasts

Precis Icon Location Min Max
Showers. Wind easing. Warrnambool 11 16
Showers increasing. Colac 11 17
Showers. Hamilton 10 15

Friday 29 May

Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers near the coast, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Winds west to northwesterly 15 to 25 km/h. Overnight temperatures falling to around 7 with daytime temperatures reaching around 13.

Saturday 30 May

Cloudy. Slight (30%) chance of a shower, most likely in the afternoon and evening. Winds northwesterly 25 to 35 km/h. Overnight temperatures falling to between 6 and 9 with daytime temperatures reaching around 14.

Sunday 31 May

Cloudy. Medium (50%) chance of showers. Winds northwesterly 25 to 30 km/h turning southwesterly 15 to 25 km/h during the afternoon. Overnight temperatures falling to around 8 with daytime temperatures reaching around 12.

The next routine forecast will be issued at 5:40 am EST Thursday.

Product IDV17101