West and South Gippsland District Forecast

View the current warnings for Victoria

Forecast issued at 4:15 pm EST on Friday 23 April 2021.

Weather Situation

A high pressure system becomes established over the Bight tonight, extending a ridge over NSW. The high pressure system will maintain a west to southwesterly airstream over Victoria into the weekend with an embedded weak front moving through Bass Strait during Saturday. The high is forecast to be located just west of Victoria by Sunday night, before slowly extending across the State during Monday and Tuesday.

Forecast for the rest of Friday

Partly cloudy. Slight (30%) chance of a shower in the west, near zero chance elsewhere. Winds westerly 15 to 20 km/h becoming light in the late evening.

Saturday 24 April

Partly cloudy. Very high (90%) chance of showers near Wilsons Promontory, medium (50%) chance elsewhere. Winds northwesterly 15 to 20 km/h turning westerly 15 to 25 km/h in the late morning. Overnight temperatures falling to between 4 and 9 with daytime temperatures reaching between 12 and 18.

Fire Danger - Low-Moderate

Sun protection 10:30am to 1:50pm, UV Index predicted to reach 4 [Moderate]

7 day Town Forecasts

Precis Icon Location Min Max
Shower or two. Latrobe Valley 8 17
Partly cloudy. Sale 8 18

Sunday 25 April

Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the west, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Winds westerly 15 to 25 km/h becoming light in the late evening. Overnight temperatures falling to between 6 and 10 with daytime temperatures reaching between 13 and 17.

Monday 26 April

Partly cloudy. The chance of morning fog. Medium (50%) chance of showers in the west. Winds west to northwesterly 15 to 20 km/h tending west to southwesterly 15 to 25 km/h during the day then becoming light during the evening. Overnight temperatures falling to between 5 and 10 with daytime temperatures reaching between 14 and 18.

Tuesday 27 April

Partly cloudy. Slight (30%) chance of a shower near Wilsons Promontory. Light winds becoming west to southwesterly 15 to 20 km/h during the day then becoming light during the afternoon. Overnight temperatures falling to between 6 and 10 with daytime temperatures reaching between 14 and 18.

The next routine forecast will be issued at 5:40 am EST Saturday.

Product IDV17103