Derby Forecast

View the current warnings for Western Australia

Forecast issued at 4:26 pm WST on Thursday 27 November 2014.

Forecast for the rest of Thursday

Summary
Possible shower or storm.

Kimberley area

Partly cloudy. Medium (50%) chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm. Light winds.

Friday 28 November

Summary
Min 28
Max 36
Showers. Possible storm.

Kimberley area

Partly cloudy. High (80%) chance of showers, most likely in the morning and afternoon. The chance of a thunderstorm. Light winds. Overnight temperatures falling to the low to mid 20s with daytime temperatures reaching the low to high 30s.

Fire Danger
North Kimberley Coast: Low-Moderate
West Kimberley Coast: Low-Moderate
Kimberley Inland: Low-Moderate

UV Alert from 7:20 am to 3:20 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 14 [Extreme]

7 day Town Forecasts

Precis Icon Location Min Max
Showers. Possible storm. Broome 27 34
Showers. Possible storm. Derby 28 36
Showers. Possible storm. Fitzroy Crossing 26 38
Shower or two. Possible storm. Kalumburu 24 35
Showers. Possible storm. Wyndham 28 37
Showers. Possible storm. Kununurra 26 37
Showers. Possible storm. Argyle 27 37
Showers. Possible storm. Halls Creek 23 33

Saturday 29 November

Summary
Min 28
Max 37
Shower or two. Possible storm.

Kimberley area

Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm. Light winds. Overnight temperatures falling to the low to mid 20s with daytime temperatures reaching 33 to 38.

Sunday 30 November

Summary
Min 28
Max 38
Shower or two. Possible storm.

Kimberley area

Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers and thunderstorms in the east, medium (40%) chance elsewhere. Light winds becoming west to northwesterly 15 to 20 km/h during the day then tending north to northwesterly during the afternoon. Overnight temperatures falling to the low to mid 20s with daytime temperatures reaching 32 to 40.

Monday 1 December

Summary
Min 28
Max 38
Possible afternoon storm.

Kimberley area

Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers and thunderstorms in the north, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm. Light winds becoming west to northwesterly 15 to 25 km/h during the day then tending north to northwesterly during the evening. Overnight temperatures falling to the low to mid 20s with daytime temperatures reaching 32 to 40.

Tuesday 2 December

Summary
Min 28
Max 37
Mostly sunny.

Wednesday 3 December

Summary
Min 28
Max 38
Mostly sunny.

Thursday 4 December

Summary
Min 28
Max 39
Mostly sunny.

The next routine forecast will be issued at 5:00 am WST Friday.

Product derived from IDW14199 and IDW13220