Fitzroy Crossing Forecast

View the current warnings for Western Australia

Forecast issued at 4:25 pm WST on Saturday 16 December 2017.

Forecast for the rest of Saturday

Summary
Possible storm.
Chance of any rain: 20%

Kimberley area

Very hot. Partly cloudy. The chance of a thunderstorm early this evening. Winds northwest to northeasterly 15 to 20 km/h becoming light in the late evening.

Sun protection recommended from 7:20 am to 3:30 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 14 [Extreme]

Sunday 17 December

Summary
Min 26
Max 40
Shower or two. Possible storm.
Possible rainfall: 0 to 2 mm
Chance of any rain: 60%

Kimberley area

Very hot. Partly cloudy. Medium (50%) chance of showers, most likely in the afternoon. The chance of a thunderstorm. Winds northwesterly 15 to 20 km/h becoming light before dawn then becoming northwesterly 15 to 25 km/h in the morning. Overnight temperatures falling to the low to mid 20s with daytime temperatures reaching 36 to 42.

Fire Danger
North Kimberley Coast: Low-Moderate
West Kimberley Coast: Low-Moderate
Kimberley Inland: Low-Moderate

Sun protection recommended from 7:20 am to 3:30 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 14 [Extreme]

7 day Town Forecasts

Precis Icon Location Min Max
Partly cloudy. Broome 29 35
Shower or two. Possible storm. Derby 28 38
Shower or two. Possible storm. Fitzroy Crossing 26 40
Shower or two. Possible storm. Kalumburu 24 38
Shower or two. Possible storm. Wyndham 27 39
Shower or two. Possible storm. Kununurra 26 38
Shower or two. Possible storm. Argyle 27 39
Shower or two. Possible storm. Halls Creek MO 26 39

Monday 18 December

Summary
Min 27
Max 40
Shower or two. Possible storm.
Possible rainfall: 0 to 0.4 mm
Chance of any rain: 50%

Kimberley area

Very hot. Partly cloudy. Medium (60%) chance of showers in the east, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm. Winds west to northwesterly 15 to 25 km/h. Overnight temperatures falling to the mid to high 20s with daytime temperatures reaching 35 to 41.

Sun protection recommended from 7:20 am to 3:30 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 15 [Extreme]

Tuesday 19 December

Summary
Min 27
Max 41
Very hot. Afternoon storm.
Possible rainfall: 0 mm
Chance of any rain: 30%

Kimberley area

Very hot. Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the northeast, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm. Winds west to northwesterly 15 to 25 km/h tending north to northwesterly 15 to 20 km/h during the evening. Overnight temperatures falling to the mid to high 20s with daytime temperatures reaching 35 to 42.

Sun protection recommended from 7:30 am to 3:30 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 14 [Extreme]

Wednesday 20 December

Summary
Min 27
Max 42
Very hot. Possible storm.
Possible rainfall: 0 to 3 mm
Chance of any rain: 50%

Kimberley area

Very hot. Partly cloudy. Medium (60%) chance of showers in the east, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm. Winds northwest to southwesterly 15 to 25 km/h tending northeast to southeasterly during the afternoon then tending northwest to northeasterly during the evening. Overnight temperatures falling to the low to high 20s with daytime temperatures reaching 35 to 44.

Thursday 21 December

Summary
Min 27
Max 39
Shower or two. Possible storm.
Possible rainfall: 0 to 6 mm
Chance of any rain: 50%

Friday 22 December

Summary
Min 25
Max 40
Shower or two. Possible storm.
Possible rainfall: 1 to 4 mm
Chance of any rain: 60%

Saturday 23 December

Summary
Min 26
Max 43
Very hot and mostly sunny.
Chance of any rain: 10%

The next routine forecast will be issued at 5:00 am WST Sunday.

Product derived from IDW14199 and IDW13220