Goldfields District

View the current warnings for Western Australia

Forecast issued at 5:00 am WST on Sunday 25 June 2017.

Weather Situation

A ridge of high pressure is developing off the south coast. On Monday and Tuesday the ridge moves north over southern districts with a weak cold front expected to brush the south coast late on Monday.

Forecast for the rest of Sunday

Partly cloudy. High (80%) chance of showers in the far north, slight (20%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm in the northwest in the morning and early afternoon. Winds southeasterly 15 to 25 km/h. Daytime maximum temperatures around 15.

Fire Danger - Goldfields: Low-Moderate

Sun protection 10:50am to 1:20pm, UV Index predicted to reach 3 [Moderate]

7 day Town Forecasts

Precis Icon Location Min Max
Partly cloudy. Kalgoorlie 15
Partly cloudy. Leonora 17
Shower or two. Laverton 15
Shower or two. Leinster 15
Cloudy. Norseman 15

Monday 26 June

Cloudy. Slight (20%) chance of a shower in the east. Areas of frost in the far southwest in the early morning. Winds southeasterly 15 to 25 km/h becoming light in the evening. Overnight temperatures falling to between 2 and 6 with daytime temperatures reaching around 16.

Tuesday 27 June

Partly cloudy. Slight (20%) chance of a shower in the far southwest in the afternoon. Areas of morning frost in the southwest. Light winds becoming south to southeasterly 15 to 20 km/h during the morning then becoming light during the evening. Overnight temperatures falling to between 2 and 5 with daytime temperatures reaching around 16.

Wednesday 28 June

Partly cloudy. Areas of morning frost in the southwest. Winds south to southeasterly 15 to 20 km/h tending east to southeasterly 15 to 25 km/h during the day. Overnight temperatures falling to between 1 and 4 with daytime temperatures reaching around 16.

The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:25 pm WST Sunday.

Product IDW13190