Great Southern District

View the current warnings for Western Australia

Forecast issued at 4:25 pm WST on Sunday 16 December 2018.

Weather Situation

A deep trough lies inland from the west coast with an embedded low pressure system over the Central Wheat Belt. This low and trough will move eastwards over southern parts of the State during Sunday and reach South Australia late on Monday. A ridge of high pressure will develop over southern parts of the State from late Monday and strengthen further on Tuesday. A trough begins developing down the west coast on Wednesday.

Forecast for the rest of Sunday

Partly cloudy. Medium (50%) chance of showers in the northeast, slight (20%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm. Winds southeasterly 30 to 45 km/h decreasing to 25 to 30 km/h in the late evening.

Monday 17 December

Cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the east, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm in the morning and afternoon. Winds south to southeasterly 20 to 30 km/h. Overnight temperatures falling to around 13 with daytime temperatures reaching the low to mid 20s.

Fire Danger
Upper Great Southern: High
Roe: High
Beaufort: High
Lakes: High

Sun protection 7:50am to 4:30pm, UV Index predicted to reach 13 [Extreme]

7 day Town Forecasts

Precis Icon Location Min Max
Possible early storm. Narrogin 13 24
Possible early storm. Katanning 12 23
Possible early storm. Showers. Lake Grace 14 22

Tuesday 18 December

Cloudy. Slight (20%) chance of a shower in the south, near zero chance elsewhere. Winds south to southeasterly 15 to 20 km/h. Overnight temperatures falling to around 11 with daytime temperatures reaching the low to mid 20s.

Wednesday 19 December

Partly cloudy. Light winds becoming southeasterly 15 to 25 km/h during the afternoon. Overnight temperatures falling to around 10 with daytime temperatures reaching the mid to high 20s.

Thursday 20 December

Mostly sunny. Winds southeasterly 15 to 25 km/h. Overnight temperatures falling to around 9 with daytime temperatures reaching the mid to high 20s.

The next routine forecast will be issued at 5:00 am WST Monday.

Product IDW13160