Kimberley District

View the current warnings for Western Australia

Forecast issued at 4:25 pm WST on Tuesday 21 November 2017.

Weather Situation

A broad trough lies across the inland Pilbara and North Interior, and to the Pilbara coast during Wednesday and Thursday morning.

Forecast for the rest of Tuesday

Partly cloudy. Medium (40%) chance of showers or a thunderstorm. Winds west to northwesterly 15 to 20 km/h becoming light in the evening.

Wednesday 22 November

Very hot. Partly cloudy. High (80%) chance of showers in the northeast, medium (40%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm. Light winds becoming west to southwesterly 15 to 25 km/h in the morning then tending west to northwesterly in the late afternoon. Overnight temperatures falling to the low to mid 20s with daytime temperatures reaching 35 to 41.

Fire Danger
North Kimberley Coast: High
West Kimberley Coast: Very High
Kimberley Inland: High

Sun protection 7:20am to 3:00pm, UV Index predicted to reach 14 [Extreme]

7 day Town Forecasts

Precis Icon Location Min Max
Partly cloudy. Broome 27 34
Showers. Possible afternoon storm. Derby 27 38
Showers. Possible afternoon storm. Fitzroy Crossing 26 41
Showers. Likely storm clearing. Kalumburu 26 36
Showers. Storm likely. Wyndham 27 39
Showers. Likely storm clearing. Kununurra 26 38
Showers. Likely storm clearing. Argyle 27 39
Shower or two. Possible storm. Halls Creek MO 26 39

Thursday 23 November

Very hot. Partly cloudy. Very high (90%) chance of showers in the far north, medium (40%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm. Winds northwest to southwesterly 15 to 25 km/h tending southeast to southwesterly in the morning then tending north to northwesterly in the late afternoon. Overnight temperatures falling to the low to mid 20s with daytime temperatures reaching 35 to 43.

Friday 24 November

Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers and thunderstorms in the northeast, slight (20%) chance elsewhere. Winds northwest to southwesterly 15 to 25 km/h tending northwest to northeasterly 20 to 30 km/h during the afternoon. Overnight temperatures falling to the low to high 20s with daytime temperatures reaching 34 to 43.

Saturday 25 November

Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers and thunderstorms in the northeast, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Winds north to northwesterly 15 to 25 km/h tending west to northwesterly during the morning then tending northwest to northeasterly 20 to 30 km/h during the afternoon. Overnight temperatures falling to the low to high 20s with daytime temperatures reaching 33 to 43.

The next routine forecast will be issued at 5:00 am WST Wednesday.

Product IDW13220