Forecast issued at 4:00 am WST on Saturday 30 July 2016.
A high pressure ridge lies over central parts and will weaken as a series of fronts pass over the south of the State over the weekend.
Forecast for Saturday until midnight
- East to southeasterly 15 to 20 knots.
- 1 to 2 metres, decreasing to 1 to 1.5 metres around midday.
- Easterly around 1 metre.
- Mostly sunny.
Sunday 31 July
- East to southeasterly 10 to 15 knots, reaching up to 20 knots east of Kalumburu during the morning and early afternoon. Becoming variable about 10 knots in the late evening.
- Around 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres during the morning, then decreasing to 1 metre during the afternoon.
- Westerly below 1 metre.
Monday 1 August
- South to southeasterly 10 to 15 knots tending northeast to southeasterly during the afternoon then becoming variable about 10 knots during the evening.
- Below 1 metre, increasing to around 1 metre during the morning.
- East to northeasterly below 1 metre.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:00 pm WST Saturday.