Forecast issued at 4:01 am WST on Sunday 23 November 2014.
A broad trough lies over inland parts. Fresh southerly winds in western Pilbara waters as a High lies west of the State.
Forecast for Sunday until midnight
- Southwesterly 10 to 15 knots turning west to northwesterly in the middle of the day. Winds reaching up to 20 knots west of Port Hedland in the evening.
- Around 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres west of Port Hedland during the afternoon.
- Westerly around 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres offshore west of Port Hedland.
Monday 24 November
- Southwesterly 10 to 15 knots, reaching up to 20 knots offshore west of Port Hedland early in the morning. Winds tending west to northwesterly in the middle of the day.
- 1 to 1.5 metres, decreasing to 1 metre during the morning.
- Westerly 1 to 1.5 metres, decreasing to around 1 metre during the morning.
Tuesday 25 November
- West to southwesterly 15 to 20 knots.
- 1 to 1.5 metres.
- Westerly around 1 metre.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:00 pm WST Sunday.