Forecast issued at 10:02 am WST on Sunday 19 April 2015.
A high pressure system to the south of the state is directing moderate to fresh, tending strong offshore, east to southeasterly winds across the north of the state.
Forecast for Sunday until midnight
Strong Wind Warning for Sunday for Pilbara Coast West
- Easterly 20 to 25 knots, reaching up to 30 knots offshore during the afternoon and evening.
- 1 to 2 metres, increasing to 2 to 3 metres offshore.
- 1st Swell
- East to northeasterly around 1 metre offshore, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres during the afternoon, then tending easterly 1 to 1.5 metres by early evening.
- 2nd Swell
- West to southwesterly below 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres about offshore western waters.
- Cloudy. 90% chance of rain. The chance of a thunderstorm east of Onslow.
Monday 20 April
Strong Wind Warning for Monday for Pilbara Coast West
- Easterly 25 to 30 knots.
- 2 to 3 metres.
- East to northeasterly 1 to 1.5 metres, increasing to 1 to 2 metres about offshore western waters.
- Cloudy. 95% chance of rain. The chance of a thunderstorm offshore.
Tuesday 21 April
- Easterly 20 to 30 knots.
- 1.5 to 2.5 metres.
- Easterly 1 to 1.5 metres offshore, increasing to 1.5 to 2.5 metres during the morning.
- Cloudy. 80% chance of rain and thunderstorms.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:00 pm WST Sunday.