Forecast issued at 4:00 pm WST on Wednesday 2 September 2015.
A broad trough lies across inland parts of the Pilbara and Kimberley.
Forecast for Wednesday until midnight
- Northwest to northeasterly 10 to 15 knots tending south to southwesterly in the evening. Winds reaching up to 20 knots west of Onslow in the evening.
- Around 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres west of Onslow by early evening.
- West to southwesterly around 1 metre, increasing to 1.5 to 2 metres about offshore western waters.
Thursday 3 September
- Southerly 10 to 15 knots, reaching up to 20 knots offshore west of Onslow early in the morning. Winds turning west to southwesterly in the late morning and early afternoon.
- 1 to 1.5 metres, decreasing to 1 metre during the morning.
- West to southwesterly below 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres offshore.
Friday 4 September
- Southwesterly 15 to 20 knots.
- Around 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres west of Barrow Island by early evening.
- West to southwesterly below 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres offshore west of Barrow Island.
- Mostly sunny.
Saturday 5 September
- South to southwesterly 15 to 25 knots.
- 1 to 1.5 metres, increasing to 1 to 2 metres offshore.
- West to southwesterly below 1 metre, increasing to around 1 metre offshore.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:00 am WST Thursday.