Forecast issued at 4:00 am WST on Saturday 10 December 2016.
A broad region of low pressure extends across the inland Kimberley and Pilbara.
Forecast for Saturday until midnight
- South to southeasterly 10 to 15 knots becoming variable about 10 knots in the morning.
- Below 1 metre.
- West to southwesterly around 1 metre offshore.
- Partly cloudy.
Sunday 11 December
- South to southwesterly about 10 knots becoming northwest to southwesterly in the middle of the day. Winds reaching up to 20 knots west of Barrow Island in the evening.
- Below 1 metre, increasing to around 1 metre during the afternoon.
- West to southwesterly around 1 metre offshore, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres by early evening.
- Mostly sunny.
Monday 12 December
- South to southwesterly 15 to 20 knots.
- 1 to 1.5 metres, increasing to 1 to 2 metres offshore during the morning.
- West to southwesterly around 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 2 metres offshore west of Barrow Island.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:00 pm WST Saturday.