Pilbara District

View the current warnings for Western Australia

Forecast issued at 5:00 am WST on Saturday 21 January 2017.

Weather Situation

A trough lies across the southern Pilbara with a general westerly flow across northern WA.

Forecast for the rest of Saturday

Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers inland, near zero chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm inland with moderate to heavy falls possible. Winds northwest to southwesterly 15 to 20 km/h tending northwest to northeasterly in the middle of the day then tending northwest to southwesterly 20 to 30 km/h in the early afternoon. Daytime maximum temperatures 30 to 39.

Fire Danger
East Pilbara Coast: Low-Moderate
West Pilbara Coast: High
East Pilbara Inland: Low-Moderate
Ashburton Inland: Very High
Exmouth Gulf Coast: High

Sun protection 8:10am to 4:40pm, UV Index predicted to reach 17 [Extreme]

7 day Town Forecasts

Precis Icon Location Min Max
Partly cloudy. Exmouth 33
Becoming windy. Mostly sunny. Onslow 34
Partly cloudy. Karratha 33
Partly cloudy. Roebourne 35
Partly cloudy. Port Hedland 31
Shower or two. Possible storm. Marble Bar 34
Shower or two. Possible storm. Paraburdoo 38
Shower or two. Possible storm. Tom Price 33
Shower or two. Possible storm. Newman 32

Sunday 22 January

Partly cloudy. Medium (40%) chance of showers and thunderstorms in the east. Winds west to northwesterly 20 to 30 km/h tending north to northwesterly 15 to 25 km/h in the evening then tending west to northwesterly in the late evening. Overnight temperatures falling to the low to mid 20s with daytime temperatures reaching 32 to 37.

Monday 23 January

Mostly sunny. Medium (40%) chance of showers and thunderstorms in the east in the afternoon and evening. Winds west to northwesterly 15 to 20 km/h becoming light during the morning then becoming west to northwesterly 20 to 30 km/h during the day. Overnight temperatures falling to the low to mid 20s with daytime temperatures reaching 33 to 41.

Tuesday 24 January

Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers and thunderstorms inland, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Winds northwest to southwesterly 15 to 20 km/h tending southeast to southwesterly during the morning then tending northeast to southeasterly 15 to 25 km/h during the day. Overnight temperatures falling to the low to high 20s with daytime temperatures reaching 32 to 41.

The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:25 pm WST Saturday.

Product IDW13210