Southern Cross Forecast

View the current warnings for Western Australia

Forecast issued at 5:00 am WST on Wednesday 29 July 2015.

Forecast for the rest of Wednesday

Summary
Max 20
Possible shower.
Chance of any rain: 40%

Central Wheat Belt area

Cloudy. Medium (50%) chance of showers. Light winds. Daytime maximum temperatures around 20.

Fire Danger
Mortlock: Low-Moderate
Ninghan: Low-Moderate
Avon: Low-Moderate
Jilbadgie: Low-Moderate

UV Alert from 10:20 am to 2:10 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 4 [Moderate]

7 day Town Forecasts

Precis Icon Location Min Max
Shower or two. Dalwallinu 20
Possible shower. Northam 20
Possible shower. Merredin 19
Possible shower. Southern Cross 20

Thursday 30 July

Summary
Min 8
Max 19
Possible shower developing.
Possible rainfall: 0 to 0.4 mm
Chance of any rain: 30%

Central Wheat Belt area

Cloudy. High (70%) chance of rain in the north, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Light winds. Overnight temperatures falling to between 7 and 12 with daytime temperatures reaching around 19.

Friday 31 July

Summary
Min 9
Max 19
Rain. Possible heavy falls.
Possible rainfall: 10 to 25 mm
Chance of any rain: 90%

Central Wheat Belt area

Cloudy. Very high (90%) chance of rain. Heavy falls exceeding 50 mm possible in the south. Light winds becoming easterly 15 to 20 km/h during the evening. Overnight temperatures falling to between 9 and 13 with daytime temperatures reaching between 17 and 21.

Saturday 1 August

Summary
Min 9
Max 17
Rain. Possible heavy falls.
Possible rainfall: 8 to 20 mm
Chance of any rain: 95%

Central Wheat Belt area

Cloudy. Very high (90%) chance of rain, most likely in the morning. Heavy falls exceeding 40 mm possible in the south. Winds northeast to southeasterly 15 to 20 km/h tending northwest to southwesterly 15 to 25 km/h during the morning then tending south to southwesterly 15 to 20 km/h during the evening. Overnight temperatures falling to between 9 and 13 with daytime temperatures reaching between 15 and 18.

Sunday 2 August

Summary
Min 6
Max 14
Cloudy.
Possible rainfall: 0 mm
Chance of any rain: 20%

Monday 3 August

Summary
Min 2
Max 14
Cloudy.
Possible rainfall: 0 mm
Chance of any rain: 0%

Tuesday 4 August

Summary
Min 3
Max 15
Partly cloudy.
Possible rainfall: 0 mm
Chance of any rain: 0%

The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:25 pm WST Wednesday.

Product derived from IDW14199 and IDW13170