Southern Interior District

View the current warnings for Western Australia

Forecast issued at 4:25 pm WST on Monday 16 May 2022.

Weather Situation

A ridge of high pressure over the south coast will drift eastwards to South Australia by Tuesday. A trough developing over the Pilbara will extend into the Gascoyne from later today. A low pressure system and associated cold front approaching the southwest, will become slow moving near the coast on Tuesday before sweeping across the South West Land Division and Eucla on Wednesday.

Forecast for the rest of Monday

Mostly clear. The chance of a thunderstorm in the northwest later this evening. Winds east to southeasterly 15 to 25 km/h.

Tuesday 17 May

Partly cloudy. High (80%) chance of rain in the north, slight (20%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm. Heavy falls possible in the northwest. Winds east to southeasterly 15 to 20 km/h tending east to northeasterly 20 to 30 km/h before dawn then tending northwest to northeasterly 15 to 25 km/h in the middle of the day. Overnight temperatures falling to between 8 and 17 with daytime temperatures reaching 21 to 27.

Fire Danger - South Interior: High

Sun protection 9:40am to 2:00pm, UV Index predicted to reach 5 [Moderate]

7 day Town Forecasts

Precis Icon Location Min Max
Rain developing. Storm likely. Warburton 15 22

Wednesday 18 May

Cloudy. High (80%) chance of rain. The chance of a thunderstorm. Heavy falls possible in the north. Winds northwest to northeasterly 15 to 25 km/h. Overnight temperatures falling to between 13 and 16 with daytime temperatures reaching the low to mid 20s.

Thursday 19 May

Partly cloudy. Medium (60%) chance of showers in the southeast, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm in the east in the morning. Winds northwest to northeasterly 15 to 20 km/h becoming light during the day. Overnight temperatures falling to between 12 and 15 with daytime temperatures reaching the low to mid 20s.

Friday 20 May

Mostly sunny. Medium (40%) chance of showers in the northwest, slight (20%) chance elsewhere. Light winds becoming east to northeasterly 15 to 20 km/h during the morning. Overnight temperatures falling to between 12 and 15 with daytime temperatures reaching the mid 20s.

The next routine forecast will be issued at 5:00 am WST Tuesday.

Product IDW13230