York Forecast

View the current warnings for Western Australia

Forecast issued at 4:25 pm WST on Thursday 14 December 2017.

Forecast for the rest of Thursday

Summary
Clear.
Chance of any rain: 0%

Central Wheat Belt area

Clear. Winds south to southeasterly 15 to 20 km/h becoming light in the late evening.

Sun protection recommended from 7:50 am to 4:10 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 13 [Extreme]

Friday 15 December

Summary
Min 15
Max 35
Mostly sunny.
Chance of any rain: 0%

Central Wheat Belt area

Mostly sunny. Slight (20%) chance of a shower in the northeast in the afternoon and early evening. The chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon and evening. Winds northeast to southeasterly 15 to 20 km/h becoming light in the middle of the day then becoming south to southwesterly 20 to 30 km/h in the late afternoon. Overnight temperatures falling to between 14 and 20 with daytime temperatures reaching the mid to high 30s.

Fire Danger
Mortlock: High
Ninghan: High
Avon: High
Jilbadgie: High

Sun protection recommended from 7:50 am to 4:20 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 13 [Extreme]

7 day Town Forecasts

Precis Icon Location Min Max
Partly cloudy. Dalwallinu 16 37
Mostly sunny. Northam 14 35
Mostly sunny. Merredin 16 36
Possible storm. Southern Cross 16 37

Saturday 16 December

Summary
Min 15
Max 33
Sunny.
Chance of any rain: 5%

Central Wheat Belt area

Mostly sunny. Slight (20%) chance of a shower in the southeast. The chance of a thunderstorm in the east in the morning and afternoon. Winds southeasterly 15 to 25 km/h becoming light early in the morning then becoming westerly 20 to 30 km/h in the middle of the day. Overnight temperatures falling to between 16 and 21 with daytime temperatures reaching 34 to 39.

Sun protection recommended from 7:50 am to 4:20 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 13 [Extreme]

Sunday 17 December

Summary
Min 14
Max 21
Shower or two. Becoming windy.
Possible rainfall: 1 to 5 mm
Chance of any rain: 70%

Central Wheat Belt area

Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the far southwest, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm in the far southwest in the afternoon and evening. Winds westerly 30 to 45 km/h. Overnight temperatures falling to around 15 with daytime temperatures reaching 21 to 28.

Sun protection recommended from 7:50 am to 4:00 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 12 [Extreme]

Monday 18 December

Summary
Min 9
Max 21
Showers.
Possible rainfall: 1 to 4 mm
Chance of any rain: 80%

Central Wheat Belt area

Cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the far southwest, medium (50%) chance elsewhere. Winds westerly 25 to 35 km/h increasing to 30 to 45 km/h during the morning then turning southwesterly 25 to 40 km/h during the afternoon. Overnight temperatures falling to around 10 with daytime temperatures reaching the low 20s.

Tuesday 19 December

Summary
Min 9
Max 27
Partly cloudy.
Chance of any rain: 5%

Wednesday 20 December

Summary
Min 12
Max 32
Sunny.
Chance of any rain: 0%

Thursday 21 December

Summary
Min 16
Max 38
Mostly sunny.
Chance of any rain: 0%

The next routine forecast will be issued at 5:00 am WST Friday.

Product derived from IDW14199 and IDW13170