Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
Severe Weather Warning
for people in the South Coastal and South East Coastal forecast districts
Issued at 6:34 pm WST on Saturday 1 October 2016.
For people in parts of WA southwest of a line from Albany to Ravensthorpe Israelite Bay are advised that the Severe Weather Warning for DAMAGING Winds has been CANCELLED.
A deep low pressure system lies well the south of Israelite Bay and is moving slowly east, and an associated strong cold front is moving east along the Eucla coast.
Conditions have eased over the warning area and DAMAGING WINDS are no longer expected. Gusty winds are likely to continue over southern parts of the South West Land Division for the remainder of Saturday.
The situation will continue to be monitored and further warnings will be issued if necessary.
The Department of Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
- Keep away from flooded drains, rivers, streams and waterways.
- Be careful of fallen trees, damaged buildings and debris.
- Be careful of fallen power lines. They are dangerous and should always be treated as live.
- Assess your home, car and property for damage.
- If damage has occurred take photos and contact your insurance company to organise permanent repairs.
If your home or property has significant damage, like a badly damaged roof or flooding, call the SES on 132 500.
No further warnings will be issued for this event.
This warning is also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau's web site at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 213.
The Bureau and Department of Fire and Emergency Services would appreciate this warning being broadcast regularly.