Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
Severe Thunderstorm Warning
for damaging winds
for the Gascoyne, Goldfields and South Interior forecast districts
Issued at 10:26 am WST on Wednesday 25 November 2015.
For people in parts of WA in an area bounded by Laverton to Warburton to Three Rivers to Errabiddy to Mount Magnet to Laverton. This includes people in, near or between Meekatharra.
People are advised that there is a risk of SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS this afternoon and evening.
Storms may be accompanied by DAMAGING WINDS which could cause DAMAGE TO HOMES AND PROPERTY.
The overall weather pattern is not unusual for this time of year, but severe weather may occur in some parts of the warning area.
The Department of Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
- If outside find safe shelter away from trees, power lines, storm water drains and streams.
- Close your curtains and blinds, and stay inside away from windows.
- Unplug electrical appliances and do not use land line telephones if there is lightning.
- If boating, swimming or surfing leave the water.
- Be alert and watch for hazards on the road such as fallen power lines and loose debris.
The next warning will be issued by 1:30 pm WST Wednesday.
This warning is also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau's web site at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 213.
The Bureau and Department of Fire and Emergency Services would appreciate this warning being broadcast regularly.