Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
Severe Thunderstorm Warning
for the Goldfields, Eucla, South Interior, South Coastal, South East Coastal, Great Southern and Central Wheat Belt forecast districts
Issued at 2:10 am WST on Sunday 21 December 2014.
For people in parts of WA in an area bounded by Coonana to Carnegie to Warburton to Eucla to Eyre to Coonana. This includes people in or near Eucla.
The Severe Thunderstorm Warning for the Goldfields, Eucla, South Interior, South Coastal, South East Coastal, Great Southern and Central Wheat Belt forecast districts has been cancelled, but the situation will continue to be monitored and further alerts will be issued if necessary.
The overall weather pattern is not unusual for this time of year but severe weather may occur in some parts of the warning area.
The Department of Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
- Keep away from flooded drains, rivers, streams and waterways.
- Be careful of fallen trees, damaged buildings and debris.
- Be careful of fallen power lines. They are dangerous and should always be treated as live.
- Assess your home, car and property for damage.
- If damage has occurred take photos and contact your insurance company to organise permanent repairs.
- If your home or property has significant damage, like a badly damaged roof or flooding, call the SES on 132 500.
The immediate threat of severe thunderstorms has passed, but the situation will continue to be monitored and further warnings issued if necessary.
This warning is also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau's web site at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 213.
The Bureau and Department of Fire and Emergency Services would appreciate this warning being broadcast regularly.