Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
Severe Thunderstorm Warning
for the Gascoyne and Central West forecast districts
Issued at 9:22 pm WST on Saturday 31 January 2015.
People in parts of WA west of a line Cape Cuvier to Paraburdoo to Newman to Wiluna to Mount Magnet to Kalbarri are advised that the Severe Thunderstorm Warning has been CANCELLED. This includes people in or near Meekatharra.
Thunderstorms are continuing in this region and although gusty winds and heavy showers are possible, SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS ARE NO LONGER EXPECTED.
The Department of Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
- Keep away from flooded drains, rivers, streams and waterways.
- Be careful of fallen trees, damaged buildings and debris.
- Be careful of fallen power lines. They are dangerous and should always be treated as live.
- Assess your home, car and property for damage.
- If damage has occurred take photos and contact your insurance company to organise permanent repairs.
- If your home or property has significant damage, like a badly damaged roof or flooding, call the SES on 132 500.
The immediate threat of severe thunderstorms has passed, but the situation will continue to be monitored and further warnings issued if necessary.
This warning is also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau's web site at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 213.
The Bureau and Department of Fire and Emergency Services would appreciate this warning being broadcast regularly.