National Water Information Briefings
National Water Information Briefings presentations are now available.
Several of the Bureau's landmark new products were on display at the National Water Information Briefings in capital cities during November and December 2011. The briefings demonstrated the practical value and use of water information to more than 1,000 participants and provided the Bureau with valuable first-hand feedback about key products and services. Slide presentations from these briefings are now available.
Presentations covered the following topics:
- global and national trends in water resources and their impacts
- advances in sharing, standardising and archiving Australia's water data
- innovative geospatial water data and modelling tools
- Australia's first National Water Account
- the Bureau's first Australian Water Resources Assessment
- new developments in water forecasting technology and applications.
Practical workshops formed part of each briefing, demonstrating the application of the Geofabric, National Water Account and Seasonal Streamflow Forecasts to industry users.
For those unable to attend or who would like more information, access the National Water Information Briefings presentations