Using the FTP Account
- Data delivery formats
- Naming conventions and methods of data delivery
- Urban water information
- Contact Us
- Start Windows Explorer and in the address bar put
- Click on File from the top pull down menus and select Login As…
Each organisation named in the regulations has an individual User name and Password. The login details will be sent via email. Enter these details here.
If login is successful you will be presented with the following file structure
- Data is to be placed in the incoming sub directories as follows:
- timeseries — Zip data files containing Time Series data
- metadata — Zip data files containing Metadata
- data — Zip data files that contain both Time Series data and Metadata.
- The data is either accepted or rejected.
After you have uploaded a .zip file to the ftp.bom.gov.au server, the following process occurs every hour:
- If the file is in the correct format and is a valid zip archive it is collected.
- If it has been collected successfully an 'accepted.txt' file will be present in the ftp directory with a new line stating that the filename has been collected.
- If the file is not in .zip format or is not a valid zip archive a 'rejected.txt' file will be present in the ftp directory with a new line stating that the filename has been rejected.