National Technology Reference Group (NTRG)
On the 23rd of March, 2010, the Bureau hosted a National Technology Reference Group Workshop in Canberra. The aims of the workshop were to:
- Transfer knowledge about key technological projects across jurisdictions.
- Encourage collaboration between cross-jurisdictional named entities with regard to projects funded under the M&E program.
- Provide a forum for agencies to discuss the application of latest and most cost-effective technology in water resources monitoring and encourage its industry wide adoption.
- Discuss future specialised workshops or expert panels concentrating on specific technology areas.
Invited attendees came from Lead Water Agencies, other state government departments, MDBA and private companies.
Proceedings of the workshop (1.65MB) have been developed which contain details of each of the presentations.
Pdf versions of the presentations can also be downloaded:
- Introduction - NSW TRG overview (1.79MB), David Malone (NoW)
- Collaborative automated trials - QA/QC algorithms. (Tas2.1) (750KB), Mike Ross (Hydro Tas)
- Implementation of a data cleansing and annotation tool (WA6.2) (1.3MB), Ian Scott (WA Water Corp)
- Semi automated data validation process for HYDSTRA (WA4.4) (881KB), Glen Terlick (DoW)
- HYDSTRA enhancements (NSW1.11) (846KB), John Hayes (NoW)
- Implementation of Aquarius time series data management system (Tas3.2) (1MB), Lance Stapleton (Southern Water)
- Management of water quality data (Qld3.1) (863KB),Gavin Sigley (UniDap)
- Database Upgrade for 27 Rural Utilities (NSW1.20) (709KB), Graham Whyte (NoW)
- In-situ acoustic Doppler velocity metering (Vic1.6), John Cameron (DSE) Nurullah Ozbey (Thiess)
Background paper: ADVM discussion paper (2.09MB)
- IP telemetry (1.67MB), Neil Chapman (WA DoW)
Background paper: DoW IP Telemetry Trial (1.46MB)
- Bureau wide telemetry developments (263KB), Bryan Hodge (BoM)
- Flood warning telemetry developments (923KB), Robert Thompson (BoM)
- Provision of real time IP telemetry solutions, Kimbyl Mann, (Manly Hydraulics Laboratory) NOTE: this presentation was not given on the day as intended and is not included in the proceedings.