Water Regulations 2008 - Persons and Classes of Persons
The Persons and Classes of Persons (104Kb - PDF) document lists the organisations that are required to provide water information to the Bureau under the Water Regulations.
For the purposes of Section 126 of the Water Act, Subregulation 1.03 (1) of the Water Regulations defines by category the organisations that must give water information to the Bureau. The document titled Persons and Classes of Persons lists the names of the organisations in each category.
There are nine categories specified in Subregulation 1.03 (1). Organisations can be listed in one or more categories. Each category has obligations to report certain water information to the Bureau.
The categories are as follows:
- Category A Lead water agencies
- Category B Other agencies of the Commonwealth or a State
- Category C Hydroelectricity generators
- Category D Owners or operators of major storages
- Category E Rural water utilities
- Category F Urban water utilities
- Category G Catchment Management Authorities and others
- Category H Providers of water information for flood forecasting and warning
- Category K Providers of NGIS and Aquifer Framework Information
Water Regulations Online
Changes to the list of Persons and Classes of Persons
The Persons and Classes of Persons document may change over time.
Read the Bureau's policy for managing changes to the list of Persons and Classes of Persons. This policy conforms with a set of overarching principles which we apply when maintaining and developing Part 7 of the Water Regulations.
Register of changes
The Persons and Classes of Persons document available on this website is the latest version of that document. It has a release date and a version number displayed on the cover.
The register of changes records all changes we have made to the document and when they were made.