Water Regulations 2008 - Persons and Classes of Persons
The Persons and Classes of Persons (104Kb - PDF) document lists the organisations that are required to provide water information to the Bureau under the Water Regulations.
For the purposes of Section 126 of the Water Act, Subregulation 1.03 (1) of the Water Regulations defines by category the organisations that must give water information to the Bureau. The document titled Persons and Classes of Persons lists the names of the organisations in each category.
There are eight categories specified in Subregulation 1.03 (1). Organisations can be listed in one or more categories. Each category has obligations to report certain water information to the Bureau.
The categories are as follows:
- Category A Lead water agencies
- Category B Other agencies of the Commonwealth or a State
- Category C Hydroelectricity generators
- Category D Owners or operators of major storages
- Category E Rural water utilities
- Category F Urban water utilities
- Category G Catchment Management Authorities and others
- Category H Providers of water information for flood forecasting and warning
Water Regulations Online
Register of changes to online documents
The Persons and Classes of Persons document available on this website is the latest version of that document. It has a release date and a version number displayed on the cover.
The register of changes records all changes we have made to the document and when they were made.