The Bureau of Meteorology’s Water Restrictions website provides access to current water restrictions information for the whole of Australia. Water restrictions information can be searched by State or Territory, water agency and restriction name. Water restriction names and rules vary throughout Australia due to local requirements.
This is the description for the Queanbeyan area managed and operated by Queanbeyan City Council.
Features of the Permanent Water Conservation Measures include:
– Watering of plants and lawns at any time.
– Sprinklers can be used on lawns and plants before 9am and after 6pm on any day from 1 September to 31 May (inclusive).
– Vehicles may be washed at any time on a lawn or other porous surface.
– Windows and other external parts of buildings may be washed at any time using a bucket and mop/brush, squeegee or a high-pressure low-volume cleaner.
– Private fountains and ponds may now be filled or topped up using a bucket, a watering can or a handheld hose fitted with a trigger nozzle.
– Pools and spas with a capacity of 3,000 litres or more may be topped up before 9am or after 6pm on any day provided that a cover is fitted when the pool or spa is not in use and the pool/spa is registered with ACTEW.
– Filling of new pools requires an exemption from ACTEW.
– Water storage tanks, dams or lakes must not be filled or topped up using potable water.
For the entire Permanent Water Conservation Measures or more information contact ACTEW on 6248 3111 or visit their website at www.actew.com.au