The Bureau of Meteorology’s Water Restrictions website provides access to current water restrictions information for the whole of Australia. Water restrictions information can be searched by State or Territory, water agency and restriction name. Water restriction names and rules vary throughout Australia due to local requirements.
Avoca is located approximately 70 kilometres north-west of Ballarat along the Sunraysia Highway.
Permanent water saving rules are a set of common sense rules to ensure we use water efficiently and allow flexibly in when and how we use water. They are designed to ensure customers use water sensibly and avoid waste. The key permanent water saving rules are:
- Water using a hand-held hose only if it is fitted with a trigger nozzle; and is leak-free.
Gardens and lawns:
- Only water a residential garden or lawn using:
- a hand-held hose, bucket or watering can at any time; or
- a watering system between the hours of 6 pm-10 am on any day.
Fountains and water features:
- Water can be used in a fountain or a water feature if the fountain or water feature recirculates the water.
- Water can be used to clean driveways, paths, concrete, tiles and timber decking only if:
- cleaning is required as a result of an accident, fire, health hazard, safety hazard or other emergency; or
- staining to the surface has developed and then only once a season; or
- due to construction or renovation,
and then only using:
- a high pressure water cleaning device;
- or a hand-held hose or a bucket.