Seasonal Streamflow Forecasts
Forecast quantiles and observed versus year for Total flow of Kiewa River to Murray River
Return to catchment list
Product list for Total flow of Kiewa River to Murray River
About the forecast quantiles and observed versus year plot
- The hindcasts are generated using a leave five out cross validation.
- The forecast location name is displayed in the graph title. Site forecast locations are followed by the Australian Water Resources Council (AWRC) river station number in brackets e.g. (405219).
- The streamflow data for the cross validation is of "archive" quality obtained from the station owners.
- In this model validation graph the red dots indicate the observed value, the darker blue lines are the interquantile range and the light blue lines are the [0.1,0.9] quantile range.
- There should not be any obvious trend with time in the relationship between the forecasts and the observed values. The forecast quantile range shows how wide or narrow the forecast is.
- Further explanation of some technical terms is provided under the FAQ.
Unless otherwise noted, all material on this page is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution Australia Licence