Seasonal Streamflow Forecasts
Forecast quantiles and observations versus forecast median for Ovens River at Bright
Return to catchment list
Product list for Ovens River at Bright
About the forecast quantiles and observations versus forecast median plot
- The hindcasts are generated using a leave five out cross validation.
- The forecast location name is displayed in the graph title. Site forecast locations are followed by the Australian Water Resources Council (AWRC) river station number in brackets e.g. (405219).
- The streamflow data for the cross validation is of "archive" quality obtained from the station owners.
- This model validation graph compares the forecasts with observed data. The grey diagonal line shows a 1:1 relationship between the forecast median and the forecast/observed value.
- The forecast [0.10, 0.90] quantile range should generally increase with forecast median and be consistent with the observed values. The forecast quantile range shows how wide or narrow the forecast is.
- Further explanation of some technical terms is provided under the FAQ.
Unless otherwise noted, all material on this page is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution Australia Licence