Seasonal Streamflow Forecasts
Terciles for Tambo River at Swifts Creek
Return to catchment list
Product list for Tambo River at Swifts Creek
Download forecast data
|Range (GL)||Percentage of Streamflow Forecast (%)|
|Low flow||< 2.7||66.400|
|Near median flow||2.7 - 7.1||28.840|
|High flow||> 7.1||4.760|
About the tercile product
- The observed streamflow data is represented by a pink dotted line on both the graphs, Terciles applied to forecast distribution and Terciles from historical data.
- To define the terciles the historical data is arranged in order from lowest to highest and partitioned into three groups. The lowest third of the data values are defined as the lowest tercile, the middle third of the values are the middle tercile and the upper third are the upper tercile.
- The values that partition the historical data into terciles are applied to the forecast distribution. The percentage of the forecast that is in each tercile is then displayed as a pie chart.
- The terciles are labelled such that forecasts with the greatest probability of being in the lower third of the distribution are defined as low flow, those in the middle third of the distribution are defined as near median flow and those in the upper third of the distribution are defined as high flow.
- Further explanation of some technical terms is provided under the FAQ.
Unless otherwise noted, all material on this page is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution Australia Licence