Service Changes to Gradient Wind
Streamline Analysis Charts
Changes will be implemented on 1 October 2008.
wind streamline analysis charts for the Pacific and Indian Ocean.
Small scale examples of the charts are shown to the right and below.
Black and white print quality versions will be available in PDF format.
The Bureau has upgraded its weather
map production system to enable better quality images for the web site
and for printing purposes. Part of this process includes a change of
file format, and a change from a fully manual analysis procedure to a computer
Combined Pacific and Indian Ocean gradient wind streamline analysis
- The previous product codes were IDX0014 and IDX0514
- Web addresses: www/products/IDX0014.shtml, www/products/IDX0514.shtml
- The new product code is IDD80105.
- Web address: www.bom.gov.au/australia/charts/grad_wind_anal_col.shtml
- The graphic format and filename will change from GIF to PNG format.
image dimensions will be 750 x 475 pixels compared to 648 x 468 pixels.
- The updated image will be a higher quality graphic image (computer generated
lines and a transparent label).
- The image file size will increase from about 20k to
- The updated formats include a colour option and print quality PDF
versions of the product.
Pacific and Indian Ocean gradient wind streamline analysis
- The product codes IDX0965 and IDX0966 and web addresses for these charts
will remain unchanged.
- IDX0965 and IDX0966 will continue to be available for DIFACS access.
- The graphic will be available in PNG as well as GIF format.
- The image dimensions and file sizes may change slightly.
- The updated image
will be a higher quality graphic image (computer generated lines and
a transparent label).
- The updated format includes a print quality PDF version of
Please forward related feedback via the Bureau's feedback page.
Pacific and Indian Ocean Charts
IDX0014/IDX00514 to IDD80105
Reduced scale examples:
Improved format (black & white)
Improved format (colour)