Australian rainfall update
About these data, maps and tables
- Maps and tables use real-time rainfall data, and limited quality control has been performed
- Some stations occasionally report multi-day accumulations, which may show up as high daily, weekly or month-to-date totals.
- Daily data are updated at 2.10pm AEDT and available around 2.20pm.
- Weekly data are updated at 8.10pm AEDT each day and available around 8.20pm.
- Monthly data are published around 3pm AEDT on the last day each month, then updated after midnight on the 2nd, 3rd and 22nd of the following month.
- Month periods use monthly totals, and have additional information, including 'Years of data', 'Mean' and 'Percentile' rainfall for the selected period. Percentiles are calculated for stations with at least 20 years of data; newer stations show N/A in map popups and -1.00 in the table view.
- Elevation is listed as -999 in the table when not available
- In the tables, select Station number to open rainfall table, or elsewhere in row to show on map
- Popups from the map, and Station numbers in the table, link to more rainfall information. In the tables, periods with daily data link to the latest year of daily rainfall values, and month periods link to the full station history of monthly data.
- More about rainfall data